My dilemma, what would u do?

Yurita

Splurge on the 10 day Princess dream itinerary you've always wanted to do!! It'll be the best of all worlds (aside from the pesky issue of price [emoji6])! DH and I did the equivalent itin on Cunard; it was AMAZING, and we wanna repeat it on Princess some day. Happy cruising whichever one you choose! [emoji568]

I'd go. "Family first" is a catchy little motto, but essentially it's meaningless since you have no role here. Unless you're actually delivering the baby, I don't see why you need to be present. The baby will still be there when you get back. In fact, I'd give it about 10 years because babies and toddlers are a total bore. Wait til it becomes a real person.

First, a baby/toddler is not an "it." That being said, when my daughter was an infant/toddler, she was a "bore" because she hadn't developed the communication skills to nag her mother to death as she does now at six. 2/47, non-stop it's now "but why is an orange orange, Mommy?" "Why do cats have whiskers, Mommy" And so on and so on. I loved those "bore" years. :)

I understand being torn. If I were in your shoes, I would ask myself how I would feel being so far away during the birth of my niece or nephew. Would I be distracted wondering how things are at home? Will I later regret not being there for the birth? I would want to ensure I would be at ease with whichever choice I made.

Yours is a tough decision, but I am sure if you give yourself the time you will realize what you really want to do; what feels right for you.

By the way, an early congratulations and Happy Birthday. :)

-Janine

This is exactly how I feel. That feeling of not knowing what's going on back at home and worrying during our vacation made us choose the Royal Princess since it's much earlier and we will be refreshed. We did cancel HAL and feel much better booking 2 months before due date.

Thank you all!!!!!!!

Good for you!

Enjoy your cruise!

I have been wanting to take the repo cruise from NYC to the Caribbean ending in Ft.Lauderdale in October.

My DH and I were booked for this Fall's cruise.

Then,we got the news that my niece was getting married on the day of embarkation!

Without a second thought,we cancelled the cruise.

We would not miss her wedding day!

I also need to be there to support my sister,who is a happy,but stressed ,mother of the bride.

We will book another cruise in the near future,just not any leaving on 10/24/15!

First, a baby/toddler is not an "it." That being said, when my daughter was an infant/toddler, she was a "bore" because she hadn't developed the communication skills to nag her mother to death as she does now at six. 2/47, non-stop it's now "but why is an orange orange, Mommy?" "Why do cats have whiskers, Mommy" And so on and so on. I loved those "bore" years. :)

I told rdsqrl she would hear about that. ;) I think she had at least some of her tongue in her cheek when she said that, BTW.

Edited by shredie