Best excursions in Cozumel

MarciW

Hi everyone! My girlfriends and I are doing a girls cruise in February on the freedom and stoping at Cozumel. None of us have cruised before. I'm interested in things a little active like zip-lining and swimming/beach activities but one of my friends wants to shop in Cozumel. What excursion would be best for us? I'd also just love to hear which excursion you liked best!

Thanks!

Twister Boat to Passion Island! Fantastic! The Corona beach commercials were filmed on this gorgeous beach island. Some shopping, includes lunch, some drinks. Spotless attended bathrooms. Fun staff all around!

ATV Tour is fun.

Sooo much to do in Coz!

Don't fool with the zip lining in Cozumel. Its lame. Far better in other places.

Definitely do not need to book an excursion for shopping. Downtown is a 5-10 minute cab ride.

We have been to Coz numerous times and were looking fro something different this last time. We booked the Amazing Cozumel Race. It was really fun and a great way to see a lot of the town, laugh a lot, and still have plenty of time for other things.

My top favorite things to do in Cozumel (and we are an active couple who likes local adventure, not just sitting on the beach kind of thing....)

1) Dune buggy tour. Such fun!!

2) Underwater personal Mini-subs (underwater scooters)

3) Cozumel Bar Hop.

We've also spent a LOT of time in town shopping, eating and drinking. Love San Miguel for hanging out for a couple of hours. We've done the AI Beach clubs (they are nice, but if you are looking for something different and interesting, I'd look someplace else), we've done the snorkel tours and catamaran party sailing (which is fun as well, but you probably won't get much shopping in if you do this one).

I agree that Zip-lining in Cozumel is not the best idea. The island is completely FLAT so the zip lines are not what you see on TV where you go over a jungle valley, so I'd go a different route there too.

Lot's of people will recommend Chankanaab Park, but it's too full of kids/families/tourists for us. We like to find the little off the beaten path type of places.

One thing for sure, is that Cozumel locals are very nice, kind and helpful. You can get some awesome fresh mexican food in Coz and you can also find some good "junk" shopping here.

Twister Boat to Passion Island! Fantastic! The Corona beach commercials were filmed on this gorgeous beach island. Some shopping, includes lunch, some drinks. Spotless attended bathrooms. Fun staff all around!

We did the Twister Boat to Passion Island also and it was fantastic! We loved it. Once the excursion is over you can shop at the port where the ship docks. You will have plenty of time for both.

My husband and I stayed on Cozumel for almost a week during our honeymoon. Since then, we've been back twice; the absolute best thing (besides diving) was when we rented a car and drove to the wild side of the island (the west side). Unimaginably beautiful and a cool bar/restaurant on that side. Passion Island is also a great choice! LOVE Cozumel!

Cozumel is way too easy to get around and find great options on your own. Cab prices are flat rate and regulated. Do some research and decide where you want to go and just catch a cab at the port to get there.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

I loved snorkeling in Cozumel. We just found a boat at the pier and went with a few other couples from the ship. Best snorkeling and so much better than the crowded shore excursions that carnival does.

Could you elaborate a bit on this? I am interested in doing some snorkeling there with my wife, but have read mixed reviews of the snorkeling excursions.

Thanks.

Hi everyone! My girlfriends and I are doing a girls cruise in February on the freedom and stoping at Cozumel. None of us have cruised before. I'm interested in things a little active like zip-lining and swimming/beach activities but one of my friends wants to shop in Cozumel. What excursion would be best for us? I'd also just love to hear which excursion you liked best!

Thanks!

Remember, just because you're on a girls cruise doesn't mean you have to spend all day every day together.... if you're wanting active stuff, shopping will disappoint, and vice versa for those who want to shop instead.

My 2013 cruise was a girls cruise -- two of us went to Chankanaab, two went on an excursion through the cruise ship. We met up at dinner that night and exchanged stories/photos of our adventures.

Life's too short to spend a day in paradise just trailing along behind someone doing something that doesn't interest you, and Cozumel is a very safe port for you to go off and do things individually, with plentiful taxis with pre-set fares based on your destination.

Have fun! :D

Don't fool with the zip lining in Cozumel. Its lame. Far better in other places.

Definitely do not need to book an excursion for shopping. Downtown is a 5-10 minute cab ride.

We have been to Coz numerous times and were looking fro something different this last time. We booked the Amazing Cozumel Race. It was really fun and a great way to see a lot of the town, laugh a lot, and still have plenty of time for other things.

We did the Amazing Cozumel Race on our vacation back in 2011. Very fun, but you have to out some work into it and there's lots of walking. Nice way to get a but off the beaten path and away from the crowds. The tour operator and staff were awesome....