Have you ran into anyone you knew on board?

fischymom

On my very first cruise my now hubby and I were coming back from Playa Mia in Cozumel and I was a bit tipsy. I am not a big drinker so I was pretty embarressed. My hubby told me not to worry, I would never see these people again in my life as I literally ran into a girl i used to babysit in high school.

We cruise the same week every year now so we see repeaters like ourselvesquite often.

I have experienced running into both people I know ashore, and people I have met on board previous cruises.

Here on CC, on the various different cruise line boards, many of the same people always gravitate toward certain types of cruises, where they are likely to meet fellow repeat passenger's. Some examples are maiden voyages of new ships, maiden transatlantic cruises, maiden cruises from homeports, etc.

Other examples are annual repositioning cruises of certain ships or from certain ports.

And indeed, many CCers actually meet here and plan to repeat cruises with friends met here or on board....:cool:

Many times! On cruises and land vacations.

I saw my old art teacher, whom I couldn't stand, so it was just polite hellos by the pool.

Folks we knew from my son's sports. That was a March break cruise from NY. So not too surprising as it is about a 7 hour drive from Ottawa.

A client of mine on a charter cruise. I was pretty surprised to see her there.

A guy I went to high school with on another charter cruise. Really surprised to see him too.

I have seen lots of friends and clients on cruises and land vacations over the years.

The most awkward was when my friend and I went on a cruise and ran into many of her colleagues from a hospital in Alberta. She was not invited to the wedding, she wasn't friends with the bride. The bride got absolutely stinking drunk, puked all over her very expensive dress and so did the best man. Painted the walls of one of the bathrooms. Disgusting. We showed up at the sky walker bar a few minutes after this happened, the bridal party should have cleared out an hour before. So from the second we walked in, several people pulled my friend aside begging her not to say anything to anyone (she wouldn't have anyway).

But it shows you never, ever know who will be there on vacation. Sometimes good, sometimes bad!

Edited by sun~

DD and the other HS student in our group go to the teen club on the Paradise the first night. Within 10 minutes the kids are back. Turns out the other kids in the club were the entire football team and cheerleaders from the friend's school. Friend was in the band. Needless to say they stayed with us that cruise.