New Years eve cruise?

My husband and I are contemplating booking a 4 night NYE cruise on Majesty. We have always wanted to do something different to celebrate but are wondering if the extra cost is really worth it. Has anyone else ever cruised over NYE? What was it like? What kind of activities were offered?

We did a NYE on Enchantment out of Baltimore. It was a lot of fun because the EN was our "home" ship and there were a large number of cruise friends and crew friends on board.

I don't think it would have been nearly as much fun if it had been just the two of us.

They provided hats and horns, there was a balloon drop in the Centrum, and many decorations.

Edited by beachnative

I think a New Years Eve cruise would be awesome, especially since that is my birthday! We looked at doing one this year, but couldn't justify the added expense. So, while we couldn't book it, I think it is a fantastic idea and would definitely be a fantastic way to ring in the new year..

I've actually booked the Majesty for NYE. I've been on one NYE cruise before and can say that they are certainly a lot of fun. The tougher pill to swallow was the price for going on Majesty. At the end of the day, I am going on a cruise and I am going to have fun so what's the big deal in paying a little more.

My husband and I are contemplating booking a 4 night NYE cruise on Majesty. We have always wanted to do something different to celebrate but are wondering if the extra cost is really worth it. Has anyone else ever cruised over NYE? What was it like? What kind of activities were offered?

We contemplated the same thing for 2016/2017 on the Harmony, as we want to sail this new ship, but just couldn't justify a price of more than double what it costs if we wait and go a couple of weeks later. We ended up booking February 2017 for less than half the price of the holiday cruise.

We did one last year on Jewel of the Seas and really enjoyed it. Yes, a bit pricier than normal, but the party atmosphere on New Year's Eve was worth it. All age groups joined in and the decorations and party favors added to the fun. We will do it again in the future.

We do one every year, and always book the day that the itineraries are released. Prices continue to go up the closer you get to cruise date. We're on Brilliance this year, and we paid $2,475 for a JS on the five night NYE. The price for a JS is now $5,475:eek: