Is Getaway Thermal Spa Pass worth it?

sjh422

Great to read everyone's point of view o. The thermal spa pass. I'm doing this upcoming cruise as a 40th birthday gift for my partner, so the costs have been adding up. I have been debating whether to do a surprise gift of the thermal pass or an actual massage. Just thinking the pass may be nice to relax after being in the heat all day and on our feet.

We purchased the thermal suite passes for our upcoming cruise on the Epic. For a 12 day cruise @ $179.99 each it seemed like a deal. If the weather is a bit cooler on your cruise it also seems like a better bargain.

I'll come back and let everyone know! To be honest just reading this spa thread, I'm already relaxed.!

• 6 months later...

I would love the spa if I could enjoy with my spouse. With a room full of strangers not so much. Princess Jewel offered something similar with unisex steam rooms. It was wonderful. I was curious about the Getaway.

Had a Haven Spa suite last week on the Getaway, so use of the Thermal Suite as well. Each day I went in it was extremely noisy with people in the thermal water practically yelling to hear each other above the noise created from the bubbles. They also have the water chlorinated to such a high degree that I personally couldn't stand to be in the room for more than 30- 45 minutes. Talked to one of the spa attendants in port one day, and she confirmed they do use lots of chlorine to ward off noro and nasties. The water from the spa also overflows out of the area all over onto the floor by the chairs so be careful walking around. They did have attendants to mop it up. The shower area was very nice and had relaxing spa type music piped in with nice big windows to look out while in port. Had private shower area and changing room. Wish I could have enjoyed it more as it really could be a very relaxing experience given the location and views from the area. You just never know. The Jacuzzi tub in our suite on the other hand was amazing with great jets and bath salts, plus a window out to the sea, very relaxing! I'd pre purchase ahead to save the $20 if you're considering it

I disembarked Getaway yesterday and had the thermal suite/spa package. After they had added gratuities to it (of course!) it worked out to about $30 per day. I used it for at least two hours per day and it was the best peace I had on a ship with 4300 passengers. My roommate went once and didn't like it. So I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I was super curious to try the salt room but it did nothing for me. I spent hours on the ceramic loungers and reading on the padded loungers. I just loved it.

Yes, it was $179 plus 18% gratuity which made it $211 and change. It cost $20 more if purchased on board.

That's so strange! I believe you're the first to report this.

I just purchased Dawn spa passes for our upcoming cruise, and there was no gratuity added. The invoice says "Service Fee: $0.00."

Other recent threads discussing whether or not 18% is added to spa passes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2328558

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2353424

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2390436

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The receptionist at the spa will put a spa sticker on the back or your cabin key card and also give you a wrist band to wear. They keep your cabin card at the reception desk until you check out of the spa. The spa is well worth the extra $.

for those that have used the spa (esp. on the Getaway), how does the "check-in" work? I've heard you get a sticker on your key card or a wristband (or just walk in because they don't pay attention to you). I don't want to have to carry much (or lose anything-I do that a lot lol). I'd be the only one getting it so hubby would be back in the room to let me back in

• 7 months later...

I am going on the Breakaway on the 16th and I am definitely looking to book the Thermal Spa pass. My husband and I bought the passes when we sailed on the Gem a few years ago and it was so worth it!! I was wondering if everyone agrees to buy it online prior to sailing for the $20 savings? I was just curious if this would be the best "discount" they offer ? Thanks !

I have always purchased with the discount online. I like the extra savings and no need to rush over to the spa on the first day to get passes purchased because they do sell a limited number. This frees me up to explore the ship eat and have time by the pool before muster! This is the best discount to my understanding that they have. I think the only other option is buying a day pass but the weekly pass is the best deal with the savings online.

they also have lockers for your belongings that you create a code for each time you use the locker room. They have towels and bathrobes available in the locker rooms and the spa area itself. Also, for the ladies they have hair dryers and cotton swabs. There are showers also with shampoo and soap dispensers just like in the cabins. However, they are roomier than the standard cabin shower which was nice.

The receptionist at the spa will put a spa sticker on the back or your cabin key card and also give you a wrist band to wear. They keep your cabin card at the reception desk until you check out of the spa. The spa is well worth the extra $.

• 1 year later...
On 7/29/2015 at 12:20 PM, weltek said:

We purchased them on a sailing once, when they were a little cheaper (I think it was $140/pp).

We did so because we were tired of waiting for room in hot tubs and DH doesn't love the pool deck area atmosphere.

We both decided it wasn't worth it for US. We only used it on sea days, which is when it was most crowded. We wake up around 9 and have breakfast, so by the time we're ready to use it, it's late morning or afternoon. In the evening, we like to enjoy other ship activities after dinner.

So, I think it's totally a personal preference thing. It's a nice area, but we just don't get the use to justify a weekly pass.

Sooo helpful, thank you! Was trying to figure out if it was worth it but this is the perfect description of what we will be doing so thank you!