Soft Drink Vending Machines

I was watching a video tour of the Sunshine last night and noticed a Coke machine on the sports deck, two in fact. I've never noticed Coke machines on any other Carnival ships. Am I unobservant, or is this unique to the Sunshine and perhaps a few other ships? If you've been on the Sunshine and have purchased a soft drink from one of the machines, what was the price? Thanks.

I was watching a video tour of the Sunshine last night and noticed a Coke machine on the sports deck, two in fact. I've never noticed Coke machines on any other Carnival ships. Am I unobservant, or is this unique to the Sunshine and perhaps a few other ships? If you've been on the Sunshine and have purchased a soft drink from one of the machines, what was the price? Thanks.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but when we were on the Sunshine for the naming ceremony someone mentioned that they were the same price as getting from the bar.

I have seen soda vending machines on other ships (sailed on 12 Carnival ships) but don't remember which ship.
Thanks. Okay, that verifies that I'm not very observant I guess. :-) I've never noticed one before. Oh well, I'm glad to know they are there and available to those who pay attention to their surroundings.

When I first started cruising, there were soda vending machines in the room with the ice machine. You could get your own ice.

But I haven't seen one for quite a while.

Sounds like maybe they're bringing the soda machines back?

I've never seen any drink machines on any of the cruises we've been on.

I do wish they would put the Coke freestyle machines on the ships though. I would gladly pay their price for a lime Coke!

Edited by JawjaFatBoy
Addition

There are 2 soda machines on the Sports Deck. Don't know what they cost. Can't see the pricing but looks like you insert your S&S card. All Coke products, 2 reg, 2 diet, Fanta, sprite and 2 powerade.

http://gallery.cruisecritic.com/ships/carnival-sunshine-658/sportsquare-140888/sport-courts--v7944280/

Edited by crewsweeper

Where did you see the video? I'd love to see it as I'm sailing on the Sunshine next year with my boyfriend. I've been on 17 cruises with Carnival (as well as a few on other cruise lines) and I've never seen vending machines (for pop/soda or anything else) onboard a cruise ship. Maybe I'm not that observant either, lol. Could they have been in a crew only area? I could see them having vending machines from the crew (in their areas) but have never seen them for passengers (other than the wine dispenser in the library on the Breeze but that doesn't count).

Where did you see the video? I'd love to see it as I'm sailing on the Sunshine next year with my boyfriend. I've been on 17 cruises with Carnival (as well as a few on other cruise lines) and I've never seen vending machines (for pop/soda or anything else) onboard a cruise ship. Maybe I'm not that observant either, lol. Could they have been in a crew only area? I could see them having vending machines from the crew (in their areas) but have never seen them for passengers (other than the wine dispenser in the library on the Breeze but that doesn't count).

The Coke machines are at the one minute, three second mark. They are in the Carnival Waterworks area. Edited by Towel Critter