Food in ports

cruiseco2015

We have a few people who have blood sugar issues who are traveling with us. I know there are restrictions on what you can take off the boat and into the port. Is there anything you can bring? We will be on excursions, so buying something may not be an option.

Are you worried about having low blood sugar while on an excursion? Are you insulin dependent? If no, what do you normally do when your blood sugar drops? It shouldn't be a problem for your to take something to eat of the ship if it something that is factory sealed, like a granola bar. You also shouldn't have any problem taking any diabetes supplies, such as what you use to check your blood sugar. Just remember there won't be a sharps bin when you are on your excursions so be careful with anything you use.

Is there anything factory sealed on board or do I need to bring my own? My mom is type 2 on insulin and I have another issue in which I can't go long between meals. Unfortunately, it's a must eat situation and not one in which I can take a glucose tab.

Is there anything factory sealed on board or do I need to bring my own? My mom is type 2 on insulin and I have another issue in which I can't go long between meals. Unfortunately, it's a must eat situation and not one in which I can take a glucose tab.

There are the single serving boxes of cereal.

I surprise this question is being asked? This condition is always there, what do they normally do? How are they managing their flight a example.

that person, must ALWAYS have something available, nobody should be searching around like it's some kind of surprise trying to obtain a carbohydrate. There are commercial glucose tablets, drinks, gel packages, that can easily be carried in a purse or pocket. Plus a range of candy, sugar packages etc.

Cereal boxes are NOT on all cruises. I recently sailed on the Legend which did NOT use them. They used a bulk cereal dispenser.

Sorry, why would you depend on anything being on board, with you claiming these health issues. Of course you can stock up in the ship gift shops, if that is what you mean? Of course YOU have to bring your own. There should be plenty of opportunities in your ports to keep up your supply.

Edited by Budget Queen