With FTTF is it worth it to carry Luggage On?

mjmcgove

I finally got FTTF for me and my fiancé's cruise in February!!! My question is, are we allowed to carry out luggage on the ship without it being checked in and taken from us? Or do we have to give it to a porter? Also if we are allowed to carry it on is it better to do that since we have FTTF?

I finally got FTTF for me and my fiancé's cruise in February!!! My question is, are we allowed to carry out luggage on the ship without it being checked in and taken from us? Or do we have to give it to a porter? Also if we are allowed to carry it on is it better to do that since we have FTTF?

only carry on's will fit through the luggage scanner.

So, large luggage must be given to the porter

Edited by Vitamin_Sea

You can carry your bag on. If you have FTTF if will be brought to your room earlier than if you didn't.

I always carry on a tote bag with my glasses, my makeup bag, a change of clothes, and any meds or jewlery I am bringing on.

Edited by CocoCandy

I don't completely understand your question?

FTTF has nothing to do with the carry on or check luggage issue.

We always get FTTF and always carry our luggage onto and off of the ship. We get on early , drop our luggage into our cabin and relax on the Lido having lunch before the rest of the people board the ship.

We also like getting off early by carrying off our luggage with the priority folks before anyone else is allowed off the ship.

IF you can handle your luggage yourself carrying it on and off is not a problem at all. We each have a rolling suitcase +either a backpack or large tote and manage them just fine.

Edited by riffatsea

As long as it fits through the sanner you can carry on as many peices of luggage as you wish. FTTF gets you on board faster and your luggage to your csbin faster. If you carry on luggage, I guess it would get to your cabin even faster.

To paraphrase what everyone else said.

1. Large luggage must be checked in due to size.

2. Carryon can be checked in and should be available early at your cabin but there are risks. One being lost or damaged. Carry on items should be items that are valuable in cost and needs like medication, change of clothes, etc.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

To paraphrase what everyone else said.

1. Large luggage must be checked in due to size.

2. Carryon can be checked in and should be available early at your cabin but there are risks. One being lost or damaged. Carry on items should be items that are valuable in cost and needs like medication, change of clothes, etc.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The DD and I carry a large tote and a backpack with swim suits, meds, wine and anything we may need immediately. We drop it off in the cabin before going to grab lunch. By the time we finish lunch and an adult beverage we return to the cabin and our luggage is there. Only one time there was an issue with the DD's bag and it was taken care of after several phone calls to the desk (thank you FTTF for priority customer desk). We always walk (wheel) our luggage off of the ship. I would check the large bags.

In Long Beach we walked past a security guard with our larger suit case, there was a box there and the suitcase had to fit within the box. Ours didn't so she made us give it to a porter. It was our first cruise so after that we learned to just check the big stuff.