Interconnecting cabins and the door

Hi

We sale on the Allure and have interconnecting interior cabins. Can anyone advise on the situation with the connecting door - can we shut it at our leisure or is it fixed open? The reason i ask is that my husband and I are in one cabin which connects to a cabin with 4 teenagers in!!! I've only just thought of the noise and late night chatting they will keep us awake!

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

I have had connecting cabins on the Allure and can tell you that the door will actually be fixed closed and locked. You will have to ask your stateroom attendant to open it for you on the first day. After that you can open or close it yourself. I have never had any noise problems...but I've not had 4 teens next to me either!! :-)

Hi

We sale on the Allure and have interconnecting interior cabins. Can anyone advise on the situation with the connecting door - can we shut it at our leisure or is it fixed open? ...

My understanding is that once the door is unlocked by the stateroom attedant, it can be shut at will, but can no longer be locked by either side.

I sail in connecting cabins all the time when I travel with friends.

as reported .. they are locked when you get on the ship ( so is the balcony divider for that matter) you can ask your room steward to open them up.

once the connecting door is opened you can open and shut it all you want ( but will not be able to be locked)

and YES connecting rooms are noisy. I will never get a connecting room if i am not sailing with someone in that room. You can definitely hear televisions

etc.....

but booking two connecting balconies, in my opinion is the cheapest way to get a two bedroom suite.

Thanks everyone.

I had it in my head that once it was open it was locked wide open to the wall.

If we can shut it then that's perfect, it's 3 teenagers and a 9yr old so we needed the connecting option for her as our cabin only sleeps 2.

I sail in connecting cabins all the time when I travel with friends.

as reported .. they are locked when you get on the ship ( so is the balcony divider for that matter) you can ask your room steward to open them up.

once the connecting door is opened you can open and shut it all you want ( but will not be able to be locked)

and YES connecting rooms are noisy. I will never get a connecting room if i am not sailing with someone in that room. You can definitely hear televisions

etc.....

but booking two connecting balconies, in my opinion is the cheapest way to get a two bedroom suite.

Half our cruises have been connecting cabins where we didn't know the neighbors or open the doors. We've noticed no difference whatsoever in noise from those cabins. I guess opinions vary.....or maybe it just depends on how loud the neighbors are whether they are connecting cabins or not:D

Edited by bouhunter

On Allure, the connecting door is by the bathroom by the main door away from where you will be spending most of your time in the room. So shutting it blocks out most of the noise between the rooms. On other classes of ships the connecting door is in the middle of the room, so you hear a lot more noise when the door is shut.

Well this is cruisecritic, you didn't ask at all about noise if the doors were closed, but got lots of opinions on that anyway.......:D:rolleyes:

Hi BOB..

I love sarcasm.... The op asked about noise... SO I though it appropriate to mention that even with the door closed ( and I did note that you could close it) In my experience there was definitely noise. and as others have posted in their experience they did not have any. so I do assume it depends on your neighbor.