Why does Sept = low hotel & flight prices in MIA?

MrsPhoenix91

We (my hubby & and me) are considering a Sept. 26-30, 2016 Bahamas cruise, and would be flying non-stop DTW to MIA on Delta. It is too early to book our hotel (Marriott Miami Biscayne Bay) and flight, so we were did dummy bookings for this September in order to estimate future costs as well as compare to what we paid for our first cruise this May. What a difference :D, but I have to wonder: are the low Miami hotel and flight prices due to something special this September? Or is September considered off-season?

We (my hubby & and me) are considering a Sept. 26-30, 2016 Bahamas cruise, and would be flying non-stop DTW to MIA on Delta. It is too early to book our hotel (Marriott Miami Biscayne Bay) and flight, so we were did dummy bookings for this September in order to estimate future costs as well as compare to what we paid for our first cruise this May. What a difference :D, but I have to wonder: are the low Miami hotel and flight prices due to something special this September? Or is September considered off-season?

Yes, after Labor Day, September - late November is off-season / shoulder-season. After Thanksgiving, hotel prices skyrocket through April.

maybe Hurricane season has an affect on pricing :confused::confused:

Yes too early to book your hotel

Hurricanes have zero to do with this. June-August is also peak hurricane season and has no effect on bookings. Maybe in an active year it will have some play in bookings but not when it has been almost a decade since anything has happened.

August through mid October is off season for us for a multitude of reasons. US, Europe, and South American schools are all back in session and people rarely travel in the fall.

August through mid October is off season for us for a multitude of reasons. US, Europe, and South American schools are all back in session and people rarely travel in the fall.

That makes a lot of sense! Our daughter will be back from her Co-Op and back in college for her sophomore year by then. Thanks to everyone for your replies.

This is why I like to sail out of Miami in late August or September - hotels and airfare are reasonable. I paid $130/night to stay at the InterContinental with a Bayview room for my upcoming cruise and..........$600 in total for two of us to fly round trip DTW to MIA first class!!!:cool:

This is why I like to sail out of Miami in late August or September - hotels and airfare are reasonable. I paid $130/night to stay at the InterContinental with a Bayview room for my upcoming cruise and..........$600 in total for two of us to fly round trip DTW to MIA first class!!!:cool:

Whoa! Can you share with me which airline you used?

Whoa! Can you share with me which airline you used?

Delta!! Booked the flight about 3 months ago!! Typically don't fly first class....but there is no way I was going to pass up this deal!! :D