Any ladies out there have experience with the hair salon on Eurodam?

Considering the staff on each ship changes constantly it is hard to tell who you will get on the Eurodam at any given time. I think all ships contract with the same provider, who in turn hires the staff for all the ships.

Saying that, I have had high-lightings done on several other HAL ships and the quality of service was as good as I get stateside. Be sure to set out what you need up front, or consult with the stylist first before you commit. I found getting this service done onboard this is a good way to use my cruise credit from my CCL stock - and get it for "free".

Edited by OlsSalt

I had my roots done on the N. Amsterdam and the lady did a very nice job. Mind you, the cost was as much for just the roots and a blow dry as what I get at home with roots, highlights, cut and style. And I have been told that my salon is expensive compared to others so beware of the cost.

I haven't been on the Eurodam, but I can tell you that the times I have used the HAL salon I have been very happy!

I had just a wash and blowout done on the Veendam for the first formal night a few years ago and loved the way it turned out, I set another appointment for later in the week to have it done again! It was a wonderful treat and so relaxing!

This past March I did the same thing, scheduling a wash and blowout for the first formal night. During the consultation the stylist suggested a keratin blowout to help control my frizz and I decided to go for it since we would be in the Caribbean. It was a great suggestion and it turned out just terrific, and once again I was so happy I had him wash/dry my hair again for the second formal night.

It was so very nice not to have to fuss with the blow dryers in the stateroom and try to use my flat iron in the small space.

Having my hair done on board is now something I will budget for every trip.

I had my roots done on the Eurodam during the July 7 Baltic cruise. Tayibbah Abby did a fantastic job with the color and did the best blow-out I've ever had. I think she will be on the ship for several more months.

That's reassuring. Definitely didn't have time to get my hair done ... looks like I'll be visiting the Eurodam Salon :-)

Of course it depends upon the person just like it does at home, but for what it's worth, I had my hair trimmed on the prinsendam (same company). I didn't want to risk losing the cut but she did a great job and even improved it.

I was quite pleased.

DH traditionally gets his hair cut on any cruise longer than three weeks and has been very pleased (and he is VERY fussy)