Online Check-in with exsisting onboard credit

I have pre-purchased onboard credit owing to a favourable exchange rate.

My question is, what do I do when completing the online check-in with regards to the onboard expense account?

Do I just setup a credit card based on the fact that I may spend more than existing credit or do I select 'Cash'.

If anyone has been in this position before, I'd love some advice.

Cheers

Dave

It makes no difference. If you select credit card they will automatically bill anything you spend over the OBC to that. If you select cash they will ask you to come down and settle the account on the last night, again if you've spent over the amount of OBC.

It's really up to you which you prefer.

If you select CC and it is a Debit Card, they will put a hold on it (I can't remember how much, 300-500)

Cash, if you go over your OBC amount (300-500), they will ask you to come to GS to pay it down

Will it be a problem if I want to add a credit card onboard mid sailing?

I am not 100% sure on this. What I can tell you is, my stepson and friend were in a separate cabin from us, I had listed my CC for ALL of the accounts.... At the end of the cruise, we were walking off the ship and we got stopped by security!! The friends account was changed to cash (we have no idea why, because they asked me 3x if I was sure I wanted to put everyone on my CC) Anyways....We walked back to GS and I gave them my CC again and they ran it for the charges...

Will it be a problem if I want to add a credit card onboard mid sailing?

Not at all. Just go down mid-cruise and have them run your credit card and assign it to your account. :)

Edited by Coralc

Hi Dave

What number did you ring in Australia to add your credit, thinking about doing the same thing with the predicted drop in the aussie $ against the US.

Don't want if possible to end up at a Guatemalian Call Centre if possible. As our OBC was a free special I don't think you get any credit refunded. Its either that or buy some US cash, tossing up between the 2.

thanks

Hi Dave

What number did you ring in Australia to add your credit, thinking about doing the same thing with the predicted drop in the aussie $ against the US.

Don't want if possible to end up at a Guatemalian Call Centre if possible. As our OBC was a free special I don't think you get any credit refunded. Its either that or buy some US cash, tossing up between the 2.

thanks

Sorry mate, I had to do the painful call to the standard number, 1800 754 500. I pretty sure it's located in the Philippines. Took about 20 minutes but finally got it sorted. They will ask how much AUD you want, after I told them a figure they gave me a USD amount. From there I worked out the exchange rate (0.77 yesterday) and then recalculated how much AUD to give me the USD figure I wanted.

As I said, painful, but definitely worth it.

Sorry mate, I had to do the painful call to the standard number, 1800 754 500. I pretty sure it's located in the Philippines. Took about 20 minutes but finally got it sorted. They will ask how much AUD you want, after I told them a figure they gave me a USD amount. From there I worked out the exchange rate (0.77 yesterday) and then recalculated how much AUD to give me the USD figure I wanted.

As I said, painful, but definitely worth it.

Thanks Dave

0.77 is quite good considering the current exchange rate.

Nerida