On the Coral Right Now -- Questions

Another Cruise

We saw crocodile twice while going through the canal and as we entered the first locks there was a tree next to the port side that was full of monkeys. There were about 25 running around the ground under the tree. The rest of the day we watched from our balcony.
Correct me if I am wrong, but we will be on a partial transit (from FLL and down to Gatun Lake), so we will not go through the canal part that had the monkeys....right?

Another Cruise - We were watching the webcams and saw you go through the Panama Canal too....how exciting.......thanks for the reminder!

How has the food been in the dining room? Since you're on a 15 day cruise have they repeated the menus?

I hope you enjoy Sabatinis. We've always had excellent meals there but it's a lot of food though!

Dee

So you are on the current cruise? I waited for someone to respond to my posting from 9-26-05. Is there a band on board by the name of SONAR. If so, can you please have one of them contact me. My e-mail address is: dgriffith@rcoe.us

They only one whose full name I know is one of the singers named Demus James. Don't think anyone would recognize them by their nicknames. I know they are from St. Lucia and I am planning a trip there and would love to watch them perform if they are at home.

I was on the mini-cruise from Canada to Los Angeles but after reading about the wonderful time everyone is having, I am ready to book my next cruise.

Deborah G.

Another Cruse,

hope you had a great trip so far ..

(only wish I could have joined you the first place as I saw Coral P on 9/20 when leaving LA and heading home - in a way I was happy to go home but surely missed this cruise dearly as I had planned for a couple months but could not make it the last minute).

Did you ever meet your fellow CC'ers ? like Sandy or Ken or Doris ?

goblue--yes we did meet. I guess the one in Vancouver got cancelled because of the muster drill. Ours was on the first formal night so some didn't make it. Met Sandy and Royce and we are doing an excursion together in Jamaica with Phil Layfayette. Ken typed up a list with room numbers for everyone and went room to room handing them out. There have been no repeats on the menu yet. Prime rib several time, but always a little different.

Iam thesea--just before you enter the first lock on your cruise, look over on the port side. There should be a big crocodile -I think they said they had named him Buddy and that he is always out on the furthest point of land jutting out. The monkeys were at the other end, but you mightg still see some.

ARUBA-- Beautiful. We took a cab to the Marriott Hotel. At first they weren't going to let us use the beach chairs. "That is not allowable". We were only going to be there until 1 and so I handed her a $10 bill and we got a cabana, 2 chairs and towels--but you didn't hear that from me! The beaches are public, but the Marriott doesn't charge guests for chairs etc. so they don't actually rent them. We had a great day, drank Balashi beer. 95 degrees today. At 1 the taxi picked us up and he took us on a 2 hour tour. This was the best tour yet. our driver was Tonny and he had a brand new Toyota Prado --12 days old. He took us absolutely everywhere. Natural Bridge (big one collapsed one month ago today, but smaller one is there and scenery out there was beautiful) lighthouse, Ayo Rock, Aloe factory, drove past the Ostrich farm, drove through all kinds of neighborhoods, stopped at roadside stand for beer and soda, he showed us an area by Ayo rock that is a cave like rock that was an Indian ritual site and the walls inside still have drawings on them. He owns several acres directly across from this area and he is restoring the area. If you have ever seen the very unusual cactus fence by Ayo rock --that is his land. He even tok us to a store to restock our diet Coke supply. He was really great and if/wen we return we will book him again. It was $40 per hour for the taxi --same for 1 person or however many will fit in car. Very beautiful island. Took all day to refuel the Coral!

goblue--yes we did meet. I guess the one in Vancouver got cancelled because of the muster al!

Glad you did meet some of them ..thx for posting and enjoy the last 2 days of your cruise - I bet it's fabulous ;)

Last night was our 3rd formal night. Twin lobster tails and Beef Wellington. My, oh my!! Also had another Captain's Cocktail party and the Champagne Waterfall. Great night. Today we were in Jamaica. We have been here twice before and didn't care for it, but this time we loved it. The difference--Phil Lafayette. We did the falls, wen't river tubing, drove through Fern Gully, Shaw Gardens, stopped at Ocho Rios Jerk Stand for jerk chicken, pork and ribs and a Red Stripe beer, stopped for shopping and Margaritaville and he brought us back to the ship. What a day!! I can't thank Phil enough and I want to thank everyone on Cruise Critic for helping us find him. There were 12 in our group and everyone heard about him on these boards. Our cruise has been fantastic and we owe a lot of that to all of you for your posts. I spent hours reading them to plan this cruise and the highlights have been because of tips I read her --I even used the duct tape. I will post a review after I get home. Hope all of you enjoy your cruises as much as we have. Unfortunately we have to pack tomorrow--but this time to go home. The good news is we pre-booked a future cruise while on this one so I can keep reading your posts to decide where to go next. Happy cruising.

Another Cruise...

Thanks for taking the time to post onboard. Enjoyed reading your reports.

Can't wait till Wednesday morning--10 DAYS OF NOT THINKING ABOUT WORK! :)

Sorry you have to get off that beautiful ship but we'll take over for you guys and try and have as good a time as you did.:D

(uh, guess I better get back to this paperwork):)

Happy Sailings!

Coral Princess--October 5th, 2005--Panama Canal

Disney Wonder--May, 2005--Land/Sea

Island Princess--September, 2004--Alaska Cruisetour

Another Cruise: Thank you so much for using time on your wonderful cruise to answer all of our crazy questions! Your experiences were enjoyed by all of us reading your posts. We are off on the Coral in January!

Gail and Rich

anothercruise................. I can hardly wait for your review. It's sounds fantastic!!!!

We're going to be on the same cruise next May. Only reverse from Ft Lauderdale to Vancouver.

We've cruised other lines, but we still come back to Princess. It's hard to explain, but Princess just seems to do it best!!

We're leaving in 5 wks for a 10 day Mexican cruise on Celebrity's Mercury. I'm sure that we'll have a great time. But our Coral cruise next yr is what we're really looking forward to.:D

I hope that you've taken lots of pictures and will post them on-line.

Another Cruise, thanks so much for taking the time to post. I really enjoyed reading them. Glad to hear you liked Phil Lafayette in Jamaica, we have booked that tour for our December cruise. Have a safe trip home. Looking forward to reading your review, and hoping you have some pictures to post as well.

HI

thanks for the great review. We're also on the cruise next May from FLL to San Francisco. Looking forward to reading more about it. We also did the tubing in Ocho Rio a few months ago and loved it. Some road leading up to it. Thanks again.

AnotherCruise

Thanks so much for taking the time to post during your recent cruise

on the Coral Princess. Looking forward to your review.

Could you please tell me who the Cruise Director, Captains Circle Hostess

and Maitre'D were while you were on board????

Any info about what shows & bands were on board would also

be greatly appreiated!!!

AnotherCruise:

You can tell we're all anxious for your review.

Perhaps you can post a link when you get it on the board.

We've certainly enjoyed your postings from the ship. I know it takes precious cruise time. Thanks so much.

Just reading through and catching up on some of the posts, i also was with anothercruise, so great that she could do this for you all. I will also do a bit of a review in few days after i unpack. Had a wonderful time in Jamaica with another cruise and her other half!!! was a truly memorable experience

Archived