Your thoughts on Princess for people in their 30s

cocacola86

[quote name='cocacola86']We don't drink to the extreme, maybe have one drink and the rest pop, were not into partying[/QUOTE]

Back in the days of the infamous Windjammer Barefoot Cruise line, it was not uncommon for a night of skinny dipping to emerge from the rum drinks served. It was quite an inspirational sight to see a 60 Y/O retired British school teacher suddenly rip off her swim suit and join the twenty Y/O American spring break students jumping off the ship's plank in total abandon. And frankly, it was all OK.

Certainly, this wouldn't fly on any major cruise line, then or now, thirty-five years later. The point remains however. You can have your version of fun, within reason, among any group of people you are willing to try to have fun with.

In general comparisons... Princess Galley's creations are amazingly at a higher standard than most. Princess crew are as attentive as any, and in our experience more personable than Carnival and HAL. The "typical" customer seems somewhat more sophisticated than a typical three or four day booze cruiser common to Carnival and others. These are generalities to be sure, but seem consistent. There are wonderfully fun pockets of crazy always to be found when in the mood, if that's your taste, but its not pervasive or overwhelming.

Relax, enjoy the escape, and find the rhythms of island time!

My Wife and I are in our late thirties. We used to cruise Carnival, but the craziness was to much. We switched to Princess for Alaska and the British Isles. Our next is a 15 day Panama Canal cruise in November. We prefer the quiet, relaxed environment that Princess offers.

[quote name='Waterborne']Back in the days of the infamous Windjammer Barefoot Cruise line, it was not uncommon for a night of skinny dipping to emerge from the rum drinks served. It was quite an inspirational sight to see a 60 Y/O retired British school teacher suddenly rip off her swim suit and join the twenty Y/O American spring break students jumping off the ship's plank in total abandon. And frankly, it was all OK.[/QUOTE]

WTMI! :eek:

[quote name='brt49']My Wife and I are in our late thirties. We used to cruise Carnival, but the craziness was to much. We switched to Princess for Alaska and the British Isles. Our next is a 15 day Panama Canal cruise in November. We prefer the quiet, relaxed environment that Princess offers.[/QUOTE]

I agree! :)

GOSH! I go on a cruise to avoid, family, phone, TV, traffic and confusion. I read, watch the watch the wake from fantail and watch sunrise sunsets and nap. Someone knows how to reach the ship JIC but I will not get on a computer for $7/minute. That makes a pretty full day. If we stop, I try to get off but not always. some third world places just aren't so neat like Nassau where someone cut my hand with a razor blade. The people were really nice in doctoring it for me. I don't want to go back to Vietnam either. Went there on my senior trip and then in 2010. Still stinks like the jungle. Yes! I'd go. People, no matter what age are friendly and nice. Self entertain I say! Edited by WupperAV

[quote name='WupperAV']GOSH! I go on a cruise to avoid, family, phone, TV, traffic and confusion. I read, watch the watch the wake from fantail and watch sunrise sunsets and nap. Someone knows how to reach the ship JIC but I will not get on a computer for $7/minute. [/quote]

All good reasons not to get on a computer except the $7/minute. I have yet to see that pricing on any cruise line.

[quote name='cocacola86']I always thought HAL was for the retired people, but how was HAL compared to princess. Thinking of either trying Princess or Celebrity[/quote]

I've only done HAL twice but both times thought the food was much better than what is offered on Princess. Even the buffet on HAL was excellent. I also think HAL offers better quality in evening shows and performances.

[quote name='brt49']My Wife and I are in our late thirties. We used to cruise Carnival, but the craziness was to much. We switched to Princess for Alaska and the British Isles. Our next is a 15 day Panama Canal cruise in November. We prefer the quiet, relaxed environment that Princess offers.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that emotion.

[quote name='cocacola86']What cabins do you prefer the most?[/QUOTE]

We always get a balcony cabin and have been forward or mid. Then we tried an aft corner cabin and now we are spoiled. The balconies are slightly larger and the view of the wake is amazing. We tried an inside once and never again. That being said, it is really what you are expecting. Some get an inside because they are less expensive and only used as a place to crash after a day of on board activities. I enjoy sitting on the balcony with my binoculars or reading. Cabins on Caribe deck seem to be preferred as the balconies a larger. We have passed up mini suites to keep our aft corner cabin. Friends always get a full suite because they like the extra room, bathtub, and other perks. I'm too cheap.