Day room Sydney

chemmo

Ok, it is down to the knowledge of you folks, I have run out of ideas to browse.

We will be returning from a cruise into Sydney Harbour but not wanting to be at the airport until 6pm. This still leaves us lots of time to check in. We would love to just check into a central hotel at 10am or so. Leave our luggage, stroll around the circular quay area, have a nice lunch.... A swim would be nice then, followed by change and shower before heading to the airport. We will have spent some time in Sydney prior to our cruise so do not really want a trip.

The snag is if I put in day room I only get hotels at the airport. If I try any of the hotels in the centre they do not have day room options.

So have any of you secured a day room Circular Quay area post cruise?

Try the Marriott Circular Quay, it's a big enough hotel, and Marriott often does day rooms. You may have to call them direct, they may not book such rooms online. Typically a "day rate" is 50% of the prevailing nightly rate, with departure being 4 or 5pm, or be charged full rate if staying beyond.

I stayed once (not a day room) and it was a lovely hotel in a nice location for exploring.

This is just the sort of reply I need. I know where the Marriott is and the location would be ideal....I will email them my request and see what they come back with.

Any more ideas would continue to be welcome!

If the Marriott will not give you a day rate they will store your bags for you for a fee. We did this rather than a day room when leaving Sydney. It was at the now Pullman Sydney Hyde Park (was a Marriott at the time).

For about $5 dollars we stored all our luggage which allowed us time to shop, lunch and sight see before heading to the airport. We also had them book our shuttle to the airport.

For us this worked fine and was a much cheaper option than a true day room.

We choose this hotel only because we had stayed there pre-cruise so I asked if it was possible. You could do this at your hotel if you are staying somewhere before your cruise.

If the Marriott will not give you a day rate they will store your bags for you for a fee. We did this rather than a day room when leaving Sydney. It was at the now Pullman Sydney Hyde Park (was a Marriott at the time).

Funny, when I was in Sydney for 3 weeks work, I was initially booked at hat the Hyde Park Marriott. I thought the hotel was just a bit shabby, and couldn't believe it held the Marriott name, so that's when I moved to the Circular Quay one.

Ok, it is down to the knowledge of you folks, I have run out of ideas to browse.

We will be returning from a cruise into Sydney Harbour but not wanting to be at the airport until 6pm. This still leaves us lots of time to check in. We would love to just check into a central hotel at 10am or so. Leave our luggage, stroll around the circular quay area, have a nice lunch.... A swim would be nice then, followed by change and shower before heading to the airport. We will have spent some time in Sydney prior to our cruise so do not really want a trip.

The snag is if I put in day room I only get hotels at the airport. If I try any of the hotels in the centre they do not have day room options.

So have any of you secured a day room Circular Quay area post cruise?

In order to get the best response to your question, I suggest you repost under the ports of call section to get the views of those cruising on lines other than Celebrity.

See: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77

This may work for us...We are still dithering which hotel to book pre cruise.

It is finding the flights we want that has made us look in an upside down way about how to enjoy this 'floating' day in Sydney.

In addition to looking at the day room option, I think I will also get back to my short list of hotels to stay at pre cruise and see if any of them will give me a day rate or a luggage storage option post cruise.

Thanks cruise critic, you never let me down!