Jewel 2017 Mexican Riviera Canncelled

TOMTOMRN331

Just received an email from NCL regarding our February 5th 2017 sailing from Los Angeles which has been cancelled. Offered two options to move to different sailings etc and fare protection.

Just curious if anyone else has received the email and what the schedule conflict is. Going to move to a different week, not a total bust. Will stay on the same route.

When they say fare protection does that mean I'll pay the same rate in my reservation even if that week is selling higher ??

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. For the fare, a straight across swap, regardless of the price on the new cruise. We've had that happen twice, once the Pearl and once the Jewel. They were chartered both times. We got a few dollars OBC also. With yours more than a year away, maybe that not offered.

Yes. For the fare, a straight across swap, regardless of the price on the new cruise. We've had that happen twice, once the Pearl and once the Jewel. They were chartered both times. We got a few dollars OBC also. With yours more than a year away, maybe that not offered.

Since we are booked in a suite they are offering $100 OBC. Can't complain, since it's super early. Better then if we had already requested time off from work and travel arrangements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got on for the Jade in Dec. 16 :(. It sounds like Houston was a short lived port for NCL. We really liked it in Feb. if this year.

Oh, I hope you are wrong about Houston. Living in AR we were excited about maybe our next cruise (after the one in OCt) would be out of Houston.

As for the OP, my guess and I was going to respond to this last night: NCL will be dropping the Mexican Riv (which has nothing to do with Houston) the ports are not terribly exciting and there are so many problems in Mexico, especially along the pacific coast it might not be an itinerary they want to keep. We should know more I am hoping, tomorrow or whenever the big announcement comes out. It seems there are going to be a lot of itinerary changes.

i have to say, if the Mex Riv goes I won't cry. We have done it twice and are about to do it again: always for different reasons, but it isn't for love of the itinerary.

I have a feeling, regardless of how people feel, when the announcement is made, this board will light up like the 4th of July.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Oh, I hope you are wrong about Houston. Living in AR we were excited about maybe our next cruise (after the one in OCt) would be out of Houston.

As for the OP, my guess and I was going to respond to this last night: NCL will be dropping the Mexican Riv (which has nothing to do with Houston) the ports are not terribly exciting and there are so many problems in Mexico, especially along the pacific coast it might not be an itinerary they want to keep. We should know more I am hoping, tomorrow or whenever the big announcement comes out. It seems there are going to be a lot of itinerary changes.

i have to say, if the Mex Riv goes I won't cry. We have done it twice and are about to do it again: always for different reasons, but it isn't for love of the itinerary.

I have a feeling, regardless of how people feel, when the announcement is made, this board will light up like the 4th of July.

Thank you for your reply - I will admit we did not pick the cruise for the ports but rather to have a cruise, not have to fly to the port, and enjoy some fun and sun. And the $$ was right to try out a suite.

I too am interested in the announcement this week. I just dont want to get stringed along and have to change my itinerary based on NCL's whim.

Someone posted this from an email they got from NCL. Seems like some ships are being moved for different itineraries. In addition to the Epic and Jewell, I wonder what other ships will be moving.

On Monday, August 3, 2015, Norwegian Cruise Line will announce exciting and exotic new itineraries for the Fall/Winter 2016/2017 deployment, bringing the world to guests who want to explore new sights while experiencing the freedom and flexibility that only Norwegian Cruise Line can offer.

Thank you for your reply - I will admit we did not pick the cruise for the ports but rather to have a cruise, not have to fly to the port, and enjoy some fun and sun. And the $$ was right to try out a suite.

I too am interested in the announcement this week. I just dont want to get stringed along and have to change my itinerary based on NCL's whim.

I think we are all waiting for tomorrow or Wednesday to see what is going to happen with the port changes, if that is truely what the announcement is all about and it appears it is. So many on CC seem to be so sure this ship is going here and that ship there, I wonder where they are getting their information? It may be an interesting week in many ways. How said summer news is usually dull? LOL