Summit and A/C and Review 7/26/15-8/2/15

rebeccalouiseagain

Thanks for your review. We were also on your cruise and we were very pleased. It was our first cruise with Celebrity and we found it much better then Royal Caribbean. The service was much better. We were impressed with all of the storage available in the rooms.

I was impressed with the pool staff because they WERE removing towels/belongings from loungers when people were not there. They were putting warning cards on their chair and giving them 30 minutes. They came back and removed their stuff.

Only negative thing we noticed was that we purchased the drink package and once we got one drink at dinner they NEVER returned. THis was the same as on RC too. I guess they don't ofer too sersve you or the rest of your table more..

Glad I found this review posted here because I'd read it in the reviews section but could not reply.

I am confused by your comment "I hope that on future vessels they do a better job in designing the cabin". You say that you've been on many Celebrity cruises so you must know that Summit is an older class of ship. I could see making a comment like this on a Solstice-class ship, and I don't know if you feel the same way about cabins on that class, but it didn't make a lot of sense regarding this class.

To clarify- I have been on Solstice twice and Equinox. As compared to other lines I've sailed- I find Celebrity to have the worst closet situation and tiny drawers. It was hard for me to unpack for one thing. That's just my opinion but Princess (who I just came off of in June) has the best closets.

I was on Summit this past April, for the repo from San Juan to Bayonne. I concur that the A/C was spot on. But I had twice the vents in my cabin (a Celebrity Suite.)

It was really cold in the cabin at night; that is a GOOD thing for me....

Agree that the ship was in very good condition; but the couch in my cabin (6106) is ready to be replaced with a new one.

I was on the cruise after yours. Had a wonderful time. In regards to AC, we found most public areas were fine. The only exception was the MDR. We had select. It was definitely warmer the times we were seated all the way aft. Our cabin was also a little warmer than we would have liked.