2 bedroom suite- non Haven- Jade

Bluefox

Hello-

I am booked in 11506 on the Jade. I was wondering if I could get some advice on room placement. When doing my own research it looked as if a treatment room or steam room was above this room. After looking through some old threads- it looks as if it's under a whirlpool?? Can anyone confirm or deny this or suggest a better room number?

We were also assigned 11512 at one point but I was worried about the elevator.

Any help or other tips re: this room/2 bed is greatly appreciated!

11506 is directly underneath treatment rooms at the spa. This should be a very quiet suite. 11512 is underneath the fitness center - which I would expect to experience some noise from above. I think you are fine with 11506.

These are very nice suites and I believe you will be very happy with 11506. There will be 3 tv's and 2 DVD players (bring any DVD's you want to watch as the ship's DVD library is a bit dated.) The Master bathroom is huge! The shower is amazing and really large. The beds are comfortable, you get lots of perks with the suite. It will be a good time.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

Do you plan to use the second bedroom for a person(s) to sleep or simply to store your luggage?

If someone will use the room, make sure that the butler and cabin attendant bring you extra foam/pillow top to use on the bed. Without it the bed could be uncomfortable for an adult. They have it available and can fetch and make the bed with the additional padding.

The DVD library has been updated lately and some new titles are now again available.

The cabin you're in now is better than the previous one because of possible noise from the Gym as mentioned.

Enjoy!

Hello-

I am booked in 11506 on the Jade. I was wondering if I could get some advice on room placement. When doing my own research it looked as if a treatment room or steam room was above this room. After looking through some old threads- it looks as if it's under a whirlpool?? Can anyone confirm or deny this or suggest a better room number?

We were also assigned 11512 at one point but I was worried about the elevator.

Any help or other tips re: this room/2 bed is greatly appreciated!

My DH and I are booked in this room for 9/2016. We previously sailed in this 2 bedroom suite or the one next to it in 2010 on the Jade. It was quiet and no problems with noise. You will love the room. In 2010 we used the second room for luggage and the extra bathroom was nice. In our 2016 sailing we are going with friends and sharing the cabin. It will be fun.

We have been in 11512. We did hear the treadmills above us some mornings, but it really wasn't objectionable. Just a sort of "wonder what that is" kind of low-level sound. If you are very sensitive to noises a different cabin would be better for you. It didn't bother us at all.

The elevator is no issue at all re: noise. We found it very convenient to just pop out our door and walk into the elevator lobby.

Edited by old sole

We have been in the one below the treadmills on the Gem, soooo annoying :mad:. You hear the pounding of feet on the treadmill starting at 6am. Luckily, our butler told the fitness center to block off the ones directly above our bed so it stopped after a couple of days. We're booked on the Jade for next July (yes, I know it'll be so hot but it's the only time the kids can join us :)) in 11006, under the salon. Hoping it will be quiet? Anyone know who the Concierge is on the Jade?

Does the 2nd bedroom have enough space for 2 adults? We had planned on sharing the cabin with my BFF and her husband, each of us splitting time in the 2nd bedroom and the main bedroom (5 days each on a 10 day cruise).

Will we feel cramped?

Does the 2nd bedroom have enough space for 2 adults? We had planned on sharing the cabin with my BFF and her husband, each of us splitting time in the 2nd bedroom and the main bedroom (5 days each on a 10 day cruise).

Will we feel cramped?

Yes. The 2nd room is a little smaller than an inside cabin but you have the living area to spill out into. I shared the 2nd room with 2 adults and we were fine - even had enough storage.

I'm traveling in a 2-bedroom suite (non-haven) in October on the Jade. It's 11524, so it looks like we'll be under the very end of the fitness room. Hopefully a quiet corner, but we can deal with some noise.

Yes. The 2nd room is a little smaller than an inside cabin but you have the living area to spill out into. I shared the 2nd room with 2 adults and we were fine - even had enough storage.

I'm very curious about the 2nd room accomodations for my three girls (13, 11 and 8). I'm sure they will have plenty of sleeping space, but I haven't gotten a good feel for the storage in that part of the cabin. Are there drawers for clothes (hopefully as least three so they can each have their own). And how much hanging space? Anything additional where they might stow their books and devices?

I'm traveling in a 2-bedroom suite (non-haven) in October on the Jade. It's 11524, so it looks like we'll be under the very end of the fitness room. Hopefully a quiet corner, but we can deal with some noise.

I'm very curious about the 2nd room accomodations for my three girls (13, 11 and 8). I'm sure they will have plenty of sleeping space, but I haven't gotten a good feel for the storage in that part of the cabin. Are there drawers for clothes (hopefully as least three so they can each have their own). And how much hanging space? Anything additional where they might stow their books and devices?

From the floorplan of the 2-BDR family suite, it looks like it is "something" on the wall behind the door in the second bedroom:

gem_modal_fp_courtyardvilla_3.jpg

And on this youtube-video it starts with the second bedroom, and it definitely looks like a "double" closet behind the door (probably one part with shelves and one part with hangers). And to me there is not much more storage space, except a few shelves in the bathroom:

We were in 11506 on the Jade for an 11-day Med three years ago. The quietness of the 2nd bedroom was very important to us; at that point we were traveling with an 18 month old.

It was very quiet. We've always booked the furthest forward 2-bdrm suites and the only one that has been a problem is the Star, with lots of toilet flushing and gurgling going on. Sorry - not really a problem at all, it's just ambient ship noise.

I would prefer this suite to 11512 any day.

Oh, and I forgot to also ask... for those not using the second room to stow luggage... where do you store your luggage?

It fits under the master bed in most NCL cabins. At least most "normal" suitcases fit under there, unless you have a really big one... :) And if your suitcase doesn't fit under the bed because it is too big, then you just ask the room steward to store it for you until the last afternoon on board.

Edited by TrumpyNor

From the floorplan of the 2-BDR family suite, it looks like it is "something" on the wall behind the door in the second bedroom:

gem_modal_fp_courtyardvilla_3.jpg

And on this youtube-video it starts with the second bedroom, and it definitely looks like a "double" closet behind the door (probably one part with shelves and one part with hangers). And to me there is not much more storage space, except a few shelves in the bathroom:

Thanks for the link to the video. There was another that YouTube suggested on the same page that shows that closet a little more clearly. There are two hanging rods with a group of three drawers under one of them. I'm sure there will be arguing over the space (as there always is with my girls), but this looks like it will be just enough. Now I need to figure out where to put my stuff after my wife claims the entire master closet.

We were in 11506 on the Jade for an 11-day Med three years ago. The quietness of the 2nd bedroom was very important to us; at that point we were traveling with an 18 month old.

It was very quiet. We've always booked the furthest forward 2-bdrm suites and the only one that has been a problem is the Star, with lots of toilet flushing and gurgling going on. Sorry - not really a problem at all, it's just ambient ship noise.

I would prefer this suite to 11512 any day.

THANK YOU! I Have been wanting firsthand knowledge of the room. My son will be 17 months on the cruise :) Do you know what was above you? I think it looks to be the best positioned SC.

THANK YOU! I Have been wanting firsthand knowledge of the room. My son will be 17 months on the cruise :) Do you know what was above you? I think it looks to be the best positioned SC.

It is the treatment rooms. Very quiet. And just to corect my post - it was TWO years ago February, not three, when we sailed her.

I did a review - but I had to take down my photo site so it looks a little naked now:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1807621

This was one of our favourite cruises - I think 11 days was just perfect and the ports were all really, really different. We're trying a 14-day sail in January this year with some trepidation (and a 4.25 yr old..)

It is the treatment rooms. Very quiet. And just to corect my post - it was TWO years ago February, not three, when we sailed her.

I did a review - but I had to take down my photo site so it looks a little naked now:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1807621

This was one of our favourite cruises - I think 11 days was just perfect and the ports were all really, really different. We're trying a 14-day sail in January this year with some trepidation (and a 4.25 yr old..)

I so wish your photos were working! We are basically in the same set up as you guys were at around the same ages :) I'll be 35 in the cruise, my husband is 41 and the boy will be 17 mo!!! Crazy :) Thank you much for the review and baby notes!