Mr. Sanchos- paying in pesos?

skittl1321

Does anyone know what the price for Mr. Sanchos All-Inclusive is if you pay in pesos? Their ala carte menu clearly spells out prices in dollars and pesos but I can't find it for the AI.

(Please do not go to google and convert $55 to pesos. I can do that. That is not what I am looking for. I am looking for what Mr. Sanchos charges; not what today's exchange on the price is.)

I've only seen the AI price quoted in dollars - I doubt you'll save anything (and may lose money :() by pulling peso out of an ATM to pay your bill at Mr. Sancho.

Or maybe you have peso left over from another trip to Mexico? :confused:

I've only seen the AI price quoted in dollars - I doubt you'll save anything (and may lose money :() by pulling peso out of an ATM to pay your bill at Mr. Sancho.

Or maybe you have peso left over from another trip to Mexico? :confused:

The exchange rate is actually pretty amazing right now. We're going to get a few hundred dollars of pesos just to hedge our bets for our next land trip. We also only use pesos for cabs, because cabs convert dollars at 10:1, and the rate right now is over 16:1!

If they have an actual rate in pesos (vs. just taking $55 and converting it to pesos at the current rate)- it is almost certainly a savings. My bank reimburses all ATM fees, so there is no cost to that.

If you do pay as you go right now, you save A LOT by paying in pesos. But even if you don't go to an ATM, you can just have them run your credit card in pesos instead of in dollars.

I doubt many locals hang out at Mr. Sanchos, but I know Mexicans come to Cozumel to vacation too. Surely they aren't expected to pay in dollars. But like you, I have only ever seen AI advertised in dollars. Which is just really weird since PAYG is clearly marketed in both.

Edited by skittl1321

I found my answer and thought I'd post here if others are wondering.

The peso rate is 715 pesos. At the current exchange rate, that is about $44.

So if you went downtown first and happened to be by a bank (don't use freestanding ATMS!) or went by the Mega, you do save, especially if you are bringing a large group.

I don't know if Mr. Sanchos charges a CC fee (though if they do, they do whether they run it in dollars or pesos, so you pay it either way) so if you have a card with no foreign transaction fees, asking them to run in pesos instead of dollars will save you money. If your card has fees, well, that would depend!

I found my answer and thought I'd post here if others are wondering.

The peso rate is 715 pesos. At the current exchange rate, that is about $44.

So if you went downtown first and happened to be by a bank (don't use freestanding ATMS!) or went by the Mega, you do save, especially if you are bringing a large group.

I don't know if Mr. Sanchos charges a CC fee (though if they do, they do whether they run it in dollars or pesos, so you pay it either way) so if you have a card with no foreign transaction fees, asking them to run in pesos instead of dollars will save you money. If your card has fees, well, that would depend!

Did you email them for a rate, or how recent was your source?

If you choose not to do the all inclusive what are the prices? I can see the menu and the prices online. But how much 1) entrance fee 2) fees for lounge chairs with umbrellas 3) locker rental Just trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to not do all inclusive. Our ship arrives at 11Am So we only have until 5pm Maybe all inclusive is not worth it to us We do not drink alchohol