Getaway food

lbt43

Hi all. Thinking of doing a Getaway cruise in December. What are your opinions on the food? I have heard mixed reviews. I have always enjoyed Norwegians food, The EPIC had fantastic food and the Pearl had great lunch and dinner, breakfast was just OK.

Edited by lbt43
add text

You will always find mixed reviews since it's about as subjective a topic as imaginable. Put it this way - there are lots and lots and lots of food options on the ship. If someone can't find something they like, the issue isn't the ship.

I completely agree with LrgPizza's above comment. However to answer your question about the overall quality and presentation, we found it to be very good. We did not eat at any of the specialties as we eat out a lot at home at high end restaurants. So, this opinion is from all the free places and the buffet.

I can offer my opinion on the taste of the food, but obviously it's just my opinion. Dining room food presentation was great, but the quality/taste varied. I loved the lasagna and the gnocchi, the meats were so-so. Fried calamari and sushi excellent. Their breakfasts were better in presentation and quality with more choices made to order than the buffet or O'Sheehans which both were pretty much just the basic breakfast offerings. O'Sheehan's prime rib was very good, tender easily cut and chewed and I'm not a prime rib eater because I never like it! The ribs and wings were pretty good, rest of their apps were so-so. Noodle bar food was all good. Flamingo was also good with out of the ordinary options for breakfast and lunch.

Hope this answers some of your questions, although like I said the taste and quality is my opinion. I did find the presentations always good, though.

Edited by luvtovaca

It's not about like or dislike. Its about overall quality and preparation. Obviously the taste is subjective.
It's all subjective. I guarantee there is something you would think is high quality that I wouldn't, and vice versa.

We have enjoyed the food on the Getaway. One of our favorite complimentary places is the Flamingo Grill on the deck above the buffet. Great place for a quick lunch or breakfast without the crowds. They have several Cuban dishes that we really enjoy......I'm really hooked on the fried plantains:D

We have enjoyed the food on the Getaway. One of our favorite complimentary places is the Flamingo Grill on the deck above the buffet. Great place for a quick lunch or breakfast without the crowds. They have several Cuban dishes that we really enjoy......I'm really hooked on the fried plantains:D

I am so looking forward to eating here! It will be our lunch stop on embarkation day[emoji41]

Edited by Poop_Deck

The food is almost a carbon copy of Epic with very few differences although there are some such as the Flamingo Grill (nothing to write home about unless you like Cuban food outdoors) and Ocean Blue which I was so disappointed in.

You've got your standard French, Steakhouse, Italian & Brazilian. Same pub.

Not much new.... If you liked Epic, you'll likely like this too.