Is the Easter 2017 Epic cruise cancelled?

KeithJenner

We booked the Epic cruise for Easter 2017 to the Canary Islands a few weeks ago as it was a ridiculously good price. I know a lot of Epic cruises for 2016/17 have been cancelled, but I haven't received any emails from NCL yet.

I'm a little restricted with the Internet for the next week (just using my iPhone), so I thought I'd just ask on here whether anyone knows if this cruise has been cancelled. I don't actually mind too much, as I may even decide to move to the new Jade itinerary which leaves a day earlier. I'm just trying to get an idea of my options.

Thanks

We booked the Epic cruise for Easter 2017 to the Canary Islands a few weeks ago as it was a ridiculously good price. I know a lot of Epic cruises for 2016/17 have been cancelled, but I haven't received any emails from NCL yet.

I'm a little restricted with the Internet for the next week (just using my iPhone), so I thought I'd just ask on here whether anyone knows if this cruise has been cancelled. I don't actually mind too much, as I may even decide to move to the new Jade itinerary which leaves a day earlier. I'm just trying to get an idea of my options.

Thanks

We are also wondering about this cruise as we now cannot access it on our cruise personaliser( we could last week). From trawling through other threads it seems Epic sails its last 3/4 night cruise out of Port Canaveral on March 25th 2017 but don't know how long a TA would be but hoping we might be its first cruise out of Barcelona. Also booked 23rd October 2016 on a 7 night and have the same uncertainties. Hope we all hear soon.

Thanks

We were booked March 22 2017 Epic West Med (11 days) but it got cancelled and we received email letter. Epic is coming back to Caribbean in Oct 2016 to spend the winter and will return to Europe in April 2017 for the summer.

Spirit replaces the Epic as the year around Med ship.

When Bliss is launched in Spring 2017 she will spend the first summer in Europe.

The new itineraries are released around the 14th Aug .....

We are also wondering about this cruise as we now cannot access it on our cruise personaliser( we could last week). From trawling through other threads it seems Epic sails its last 3/4 night cruise out of Port Canaveral on March 25th 2017 but don't know how long a TA would be but hoping we might be its first cruise out of Barcelona. Also booked 23rd October 2016 on a 7 night and have the same uncertainties. Hope we all hear soon.

Your cruise should be fine as the Epic sails on the 13 day TA on 30 Oct 2016.

We were booked March 22 2017 Epic West Med (11 days) but it got cancelled and we received email letter. Epic is coming back to Caribbean in Oct 2016 to spend the winter and will return to Europe in April 2017 for the summer.

Spirit replaces the Epic as the year around Med ship.

When Bliss is launched in Spring 2017 she will spend the first summer in Europe.

The new itineraries are released around the 14th Aug .....

Thanks, it's just exactly when it will be returning in April which makes the difference to our cruise.

Yes, that why I had assumed it would be cancelled, but now I'm wondering whether they may be bringing it back a little earlier in 2017

Keith I think Epic is returning to its 7-day west med runs when it returns 2017 as Spirit will be back year round doing canaries.

Keith I think Epic is returning to its 7-day west med runs when it returns 2017 as Spirit will be back year round doing canaries.

You would have thought so wouldn't you. I think I will assume that's the case for now. In some ways I hope it is cancelled and then I will just transfer to the Jade. Otherwise I will have to make a decision.

The Jade cruise that leaves on the 12th looks really good. Venice to Istanbul. I'm very tempted.

You would have thought so wouldn't you. I think I will assume that's the case for now. In some ways I hope it is cancelled and then I will just transfer to the Jade. Otherwise I will have to make a decision.

The Jade cruise that leaves on the 12th looks really good. Venice to Istanbul. I'm very tempted.

You do realise that's about the time Bliss launches! And I reckon she's staying in Europe possibly a few months out of Southampton

Do we know exactly when? We need something at Easter. Summer 2017 is still unknown for us. I thought maybe Bliss then if it's in Europe.

At the moment it says Spring! I would say around April.

My reasoning on location is this.

Eastern Seaboard winter is full NY Breakaway, Port C Epic, Miami Getaway and Escape.

All except Epic are there in the Summer as well.

Chances are she'll head to Asia depending on how Star does winter 16/17.

Even if she goes straight away they'll do some cruises from Southampton (like they will next year with Ovation of the Seas) before committing to a world re positioning cruise into new territory. It's different in USA if faults/bugs appear.

Therefore she'll most likely do some cruises from UK or share BCN with Epic for either all or part of Summer 2017.

Do we know exactly when? We need something at Easter. Summer 2017 is still unknown for us. I thought maybe Bliss then if it's in Europe.

April 13th 2017 Canaries 10 day definately cancelled. Will try to post email we recieved from TA. Spirit from Venice looks good but we will lose our OBC and 3rd passenger travels free which anoys me. Don't mind a slight increase in cruise fare as it is a slightly longer cruise but I do think as it is them cancelling that promotions should be honoured.

• 3 weeks later...
April 13th 2017 Canaries 10 day definately cancelled. Will try to post email we recieved from TA. Spirit from Venice looks good but we will lose our OBC and 3rd passenger travels free which anoys me. Don't mind a slight increase in cruise fare as it is a slightly longer cruise but I do think as it is them cancelling that promotions should be honoured.

I agree that the original booking promotions should be honoured. They were not honoured for us either. I have spoken to a few different departments at Norwegian, and told 3 different times that a supervisor will contact me and they never did. For the 2 cabins that I booked it is costing us an extra $3000 because they wont honour the rate. Not happy at all.

I say they bring all the new ships to Florida, let's the other countries have the old rickety ships.

The new itineraries are going to be released to the public on Monday the 24th. It will include spring of 2017 but not sure about the summer.

What? I'm simply saying the good ol USA needs all the new ships but more specifically leave them in Florida

So those of us who have already sailed from Florida and want to see different parts of the world should be content to sail on the old rickety ones? As if there arent enough ships that sail the Caribbean.