Free Wine Thru Online TA Questions

seadays4me

Another poster asked some questions about this, but the posting was removed because I assume the Online TA was named. Those that received this promotion will know about this without mentioning the TA.

I am sailing on the VOS this Friday and will receive a bottle of wine each night for the entire cruise (9 bottles). At least that is what the TA promotion said when I booked the cruise. What I would like to know is:

1. Can you request the type of wine received (Red or White)?

2. Can it be consumed at dinner?

3. Is there an extra charge for dining room consumtion.

I asked the TA but didnot get a reply. They might not know.

Thanks for your help.

Ron

:D Others have reported that they have been able to negotiate an "upgrade", applying the cost of the comped bottle to a more expensive/presumably better wine. If you are not much of a wine drinker, the complimentary bottle I am sure will be fine. If you ARE any sort of aficionado, work out a deal to get a better bottle. Either way, have a GREAT cruise and DRINK, DRINK, DRINK!

We had this promotion. The first few nights, they cheerfully exchanged or allowed us to pay for an upgrade. Later, they would not. Deal discretely with you waiter. We were all doing fine until the headwaiter decided to get involved and then we were told that we could only have what the TA ordered for us, even though the TA had been told that we could exchange for something that would suit us better.

Archived