The Love Boat - just a fun post

sue2go

was always the sailaway..with streamers and music and best of all..people below waving and seeing the ship off to start its adventure..one unexpected disappointment when I first started crusing..most times there is nobody there to see you leave except a few workers..just not the same!

I remember how the staff got so involved with the guests, and how the crew from Captain on down were so tightly involved with each other. Great show. I have watched on youtube recently. Amazing all the stars that were on there just like Twilight Zone.

Funny! My impression of the guest stars was has beens who were on their way down. There was a comment on another thread about an old magazine cartoon that had an agent visiting a retired actors' home and asking,"Is there anyone here who hasn't appeared on Love Boat?"

That was the thing about the show--it was up and coming actors and also veteran actors. There was always some star on a current TV show (Meredith Baxter comes to mind) and then maybe another episode someone from a previous era (like Olivia de Havilland.) It was a Hollywood job creator!

It still is a guilty pleasure ... I watch it whenever I come across it while surfing through the channel guide. Anyone have Isaac's signature cocktail as yet? We head out Feb 29th so it will be awhile until I experience it. If available, I'll probably order during sail away ... while waving to the dock workers :)

For those of you that would be interested in seeing a little more of an early Princess Cruises ship, there is an episode of Columbo starring Peter Falk that was shot almost entirely onboard the original Sun Princess on a Mexican Riviera cruise. It is from the 4th season and the episode is titled "Troubled Waters." It aired originally in February, 1975 and is still available from amazon.com.

A young Tim Robbins was on an episode I was watching yesterday (he was a flashback version of George Kennedy).

My sister used to date a model/extra (who I thought was a jerk) who would often be background on the show. The guy at the bar.

Occasionally I try to look for the episode that was set on a Med cruise. An actor who often worked for us as a temp (he was a good secretary, too) got the gig which meant an actual cruise for him as it was filmed at sea. He didn't know til it aired that he would be one of the happy, smiley faces. Unfortunately it's one of the episodes not available on You tube.

It still is a guilty pleasure ... I watch it whenever I come across it while surfing through the channel guide. Anyone have Isaac's signature cocktail as yet? We head out Feb 29th so it will be awhile until I experience it. If available, I'll probably order during sail away ... while waving to the dock workers :)

Sure did, not bad,,