Oceana cabins next to lifts

Doughty3

Very excited...have just been allocated our Early Saver cabin for our September Med cruise.

Then my husband points out that it's right by the lifts & we might need to take ear plugs!

Will it be really noisy? We're on our first cruise & can't imagine the ship layout in real life, although we've looked at the deck plans.

When you say " right by the lifts" - do you mean actually an inside cabin next to the lift shaft - or are you in an outside/ balcony cabin near the lift lobby?

If the latter, we have never been disturbed by the lifts, or the people using them despite having cabins close to the lift lobby more than once but can't help you with the former.

If it should prove troublesome, I would suggest an extra nightcap and a pair of earplugs!

Have a good time anyway.

Very reassuring...thank you.

I think we're just generally getting a bit anxious about the whole cruise as it's our very first.

We'll probably laugh at our pre-cruise worries when we're having a wonderful time on board!

The only noise we have had is people shouting 'goodnight' loudly in the corridor but this could happen anywhere on the ship. Don't have any doubts or worries, you will love your cruise and get hooked on cruising.

The noisiest cabin I ever had was in Ventura, nothing to do with lifts or passengers but the crew shouting to each other in the morning [emoji53] being by the lifts has never bothered us, the cabins are well insulated. In fact being by the lifts has its advantages!

Edited by Florry

Was midships on Oceana balcony cabin next to the lift lobby in March; never heard a thing! The only noise I ever heard was from the nearby Laundrette as some people spoke very loudly early in the morning. On the other hand, my cabin steward unlocked it 5 minutes early for me the day I wanted to do my laundry so I could snaffle a machine!