My Expectations are Equal To Carnival

...but before anyone takes out their torches and pitchforks - my cruising sample size is much smaller than most people here. So take this with a grain of salt please.

I found the buffet and MDR food to be far superior on CCL. Much better than RCI. I also find the staff to be much, much more attentive and on their game on CCL.

With that being said - I like the ship layout and décor best on RCI - and most overwhelmingly - I like the clientele better. Our first cruise, (Carnival) nearly put us off cruising forever because of the gluttony. We were on a ship full of people that would Not. Stop. Eating. They were ordering triple entrees and every dessert on the menu - and having a bite from each one - encouraging their kids to do the same. When they weren't doing that - they were in the buffet - wasting and eating as much food as possible. And when they weren't doing that - they were lined up for pizza or ice cream.

I knew I found "my people" when we got on an RCI ship - the clientele was more refined, they hadn't starved themselves for weeks before getting on the ship and gorging on everything within their sight. They were more interesting - had better travel stories - had better manners - were nicer to be around..... and because of that.....we are so glad we gave cruising another try.

My sample size is small - but this as our real experience and our opinions are formed from our personal experiences, aren't they?

We just booked a short cruise on Brilliance for December. So, tell me what I will see differently than CCL?

So to summarize: If you sail Brilliance of the Seas you will see the clear difference to CCL in.....

Better architecture and design, Balconies twice as big, Gorgeous glass and brass, Elevators that face the ocean, Open Centrum (Royal Promenade), Walk anywhere by going straight across deck 5, 1995 Camaro vs 1995 Mustang, No Pink Disks on dining room ceiling, Oasis Class Ships, Different drink prices, Self leveling pool tables, More live music, Pablo Espedito, Four piece string group, Aerial Show, Roast Beef sandwiches, Nicer appointed cabins, More sophisticated decor, A more refined ship, Not as much nickel and diming as NCL, Better breakfast in MDR, Less crowding, Bigger pools, Dedicated adult pool, Less options in the buffet, Less free food options, Shorter hours in the buffet, Ship is a destination, Not as many new ports built for the ships to stop at, More expensive, Better Loyalty Club, You don't run into dead ends everywhere, Very little given the ships you are discussing, Drink packages that are either cheaper of more expensive but include more, Usually shorter lines, No $60 charge to get on ship and get special line at desk, No daily limits on drink package drinks, You don't have to go to go down, Well thought out flow in public spaces, Mediocre food, Less sophistication than Celebrity, More expensive ticket, Less free food options, More expensive drinks, Can't order booze for your cabin, Smaller cabins, Less stops (perhaps limited to Oasis Class), Way more to do, Very different clientele, Oasis is better than older Carnival ships, Wine that blows away Carnival, Celebrity Solstice is better than Oasis, The same number of built ports as CCL except Tortuga, Half as many company owned ports, On any given itinerary an identical ratio of ports to sea days, Not as good a steakhouse (Chops not as good as Carnivals), No baked potato in the steakhouse (baked potato is apparently back), Can purchase drink package for an individual, not everyone in cabin, Less attentive staff, Thinner passengers, Less gluttonous clientele, Passengers that are more interesting with better stories, Passengers with better manners and nicer to be around.

I believe that sums up the difference to date. (Thank God for text stripping software)