Military OBC

lovevacadays

Thank you everyone for the links and comments. I'll let my brother and his wife know. I'm sure they will be very happy with this perk.

From the Princess website it looks like they can send in their DD214 and application on their own and Princess will send an email to their TA with a revised booking. Has that been your experience?

Also, do they consider this a rebooking? We all have the Sip and Sail on our cruise so want to make sure nothing gets messed up for them. The cruise is a long way off so they have plenty of time to get everything taken care of.

[quote name='MichelleinOC']Thank you everyone for the links and comments. I'll let my brother and his wife know. I'm sure they will be very happy with this perk.

From the Princess website it looks like they can send in their DD214 and application on their own and Princess will send an email to their TA with a revised booking. Has that been your experience?

Also, do they consider this a rebooking? We all have the Sip and Sail on our cruise so want to make sure nothing gets messed up for them. The cruise is a long way off so they have plenty of time to get everything taken care of.[/quote]

Not a rebooking. Just some extra OBC to use.

And yes, they can send it directly to Princess. No need to involve the TA.

They can see when it went through by looking at their Personalizer. It will be there with other OBC for the cruise.

[quote name='davekathy']Alan Buckelew, Vietnam Veteran.[/QUOTE]

Here is the link from 2010 to the story about his Vietnam experience & his return there as a tourist. Too often talk is cheap when discussing giving thanks to veterans but Alan put his money where his mouth was and did something about it.

Thank you Alan who as 'satxdiver' said was a grunt & is the backbone of our military.

[url]http://www.princess.com/cruise-tips-vacation-ideas/cruise-blog/50-essential-experiences/a-soldier-returns-on-a-cruise-to-vietnam-as-a-tourist.html#.VcfzxkpHarU[/url]

[quote name='MichelleinOC']Thank you everyone for the links and comments. I'll let my brother and his wife know. I'm sure they will be very happy with this perk.

Also, do they consider this a rebooking? We all have the Sip and Sail on our cruise so want to make sure nothing gets messed up for them. The cruise is a long way off so they have plenty of time to get everything taken care of.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='caribill']Not a rebooking. Just some extra OBC to use.

They can see when it went through by looking at their Personalizer. It will be there with other OBC for the cruise.[/QUOTE]
Michelle...I can only add a couple of things to caribill's thorough post and that once the MOBC is issued then ever time your brother is signed in to the Princess site to check prices the appropriate MOBC amount will be displayed. Also in the Circle Savings Account section that MOBC range will be displayed. Edited by Astro Flyer

[quote name='caribill']Not a rebooking. Just some extra OBC to use.

They can see when it went through by looking at their Personalizer. It will be there with other OBC for the cruise.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Astro Flyer']Michelle...I can only add a couple of things to caribill's thorough post and that once the MOBC is issued then ever time your brother is signed in to the Princess site to check prices the appropriate MOBC amount will be displayed. Also in the Circle Savings Account section that MOBC range will be displayed.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Caribill and Frank. I'm letting them know about this so they can send in their docs. My brother was 18 years in the military and was medically discharged. My sister in law was in the military for a lot less time, but it does seem a lot of people get the OBC with under 20 years of service.

I think they might just have to treat me to a night in the Crown Grill if they get $200.00 OBC.:D:D:D

[quote name='MichelleinOC']Thank you Caribill and Frank. I'm letting them know about this so they can send in their docs. My brother was 18 years in the military and was medically discharged. My sister in law was in the military for a lot less time, but it does seem a lot of people get the OBC with under 20 years of service.

I think they might just have to treat me to a night in the Crown Grill if they get $200.00 OBC.:D:D:D[/QUOTE]

Which depending on the length of cruise could be $500 of combined MOBC & maybe a Chef's Table or Winemakers Dinner (only Royal & Regal :() would be more appropriate. :D

As long as you SIL was active for a minimum of 2 years or served for 6 months in in active war zone then she is eligible. I'm guessing the reason they added the six months in an active was zone was a way to thank the many reservists & Guard personnel who have been activated to serve in the Middle East. Edited by Astro Flyer

[quote name='Astro Flyer']Here is the link from 2010 to the story about his Vietnam experience & his return there as a tourist. Too often talk is cheap when discussing giving thanks to veterans but Alan put his money where his mouth was and did something about it.

Thank you Alan who as 'satxdiver' said was a grunt & is the backbone of our military.

[url]http://www.princess.com/cruise-tips-vacation-ideas/cruise-blog/50-essential-experiences/a-soldier-returns-on-a-cruise-to-vietnam-as-a-tourist.html#.VcfzxkpHarU[/url][/QUOTE]

I've read Alan's Vietnam story before. Thank you for sharing. Edited by davekathy