Drinks available in Yacht Club?

dizneydawn

I am considering a change from our booked Celebrity cruise next fall in a spa suite with drink package and grats included to the MSC Divina Yacht Club next fall. I am wonder about what kinds of drinks are included in the Yacht Club.

Drinks I would want to have would be soda, lattes, prosecco wine, margaritas, mimosas, rum punch or rum runners, baileys, and a Cosmo. Would all of that be included?

Thank you!!

I am considering a change from our booked Celebrity cruise next fall in a spa suite with drink package and grats included to the MSC Divina Yacht Club next fall. I am wonder about what kinds of drinks are included in the Yacht Club.

Drinks I would want to have would be soda, lattes, prosecco wine, margaritas, mimosas, rum punch or rum runners, baileys, and a Cosmo. Would all of that be included?

Thank you!!

Yes, MSC YC has a very extensive drinks menu covering spirits, beers, cocktails and soft drinks as well as coffees and Afternoon Tea.

Thank you!!

Here is a link to the YC bar list which was used in the med for the 2012/13 season.

it may have changed a little, but i suspect not much.

The drinks included in the experience are on the first 3 pages of the list, the following pages are drinks available for an additional charge.

https://onedrive.live.com/#id=1CDC327C72A4C6D9%211232&cid=1CDC327C72A4C6D9&group=0&parId=1CDC327C72A4C6D9%211229&o=OneUp

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Beamafar, the list Skier52 provides is a very limited list. Is there more available than that list?

dizney,,the bar menu Skier posted is just a sampling of the beverages which are included in the Yacht Club. The drinks you mentioned in your original post will all be available and included within the Yacht Club.

dizney,,the bar menu Skier posted is just a sampling of the beverages which are included in the Yacht Club. The drinks you mentioned in your original post will all be available and included within the Yacht Club.

Hello

We have booked a cruise 27/10/2015 in YC,and i have the same question.

It is a little bit confusing to me,GrandMarnier,Cointreau,Amaretto,are they incl.

Very important to me,is the prosecco and the spumante incl. and of a good quality?

How about the compl.wines?

Thanks

On our April trip, we thought what was free would be limited. However, it was clear that the bartenders would make you any drink that you wanted at no charge. I asked the bartender/ butler and the areas that they would charge was if you wanted to upgrade your wine, scotch, brandy etc.

My wife found the prosecco to be of a very nice quality. Here family comes from that region of Italy and so it is in her DNA. At dinner, they always start you with a glass of prosecco, which is a nice touch.

Please also remember that your mini bar is complimentary. They will stock with beers, sodas (coke products) and mini bottles of alcohol. You can tell the butler how you would like it stocked.

Thank you! That helps a lot!

I would be surprised if you found the bar menu wanting - though I don't like their brandy offerings. I always get a drinks package for the rest of the ship's bars as I spend the evenings outside YC so I can get the brandy I like elsewhere! Other than that, there's a great range.

YC has more superior brands of spirits than the basic drinks package covers, too, so I think you'll find they're better than the brands available on Celebrity's classic package. There's a great range of cocktails, too - worth trying out ;)

You also get to dine in the YC restaurant which will be a benefit equivalent to Aqua class access to Blu on X - though food offerings will be different. Then there's the butler service which isn't available in AQ!

I would be surprised if you found the bar menu wanting - though I don't like their brandy offerings. I always get a drinks package for the rest of the ship's bars as I spend the evenings outside YC so I can get the brandy I like elsewhere! Other than that, there's a great range.

YC has more superior brands of spirits than the basic drinks package covers, too, so I think you'll find they're better than the brands available on Celebrity's classic package. There's a great range of cocktails, too - worth trying out ;)

You also get to dine in the YC restaurant which will be a benefit equivalent to Aqua class access to Blu on X - though food offerings will be different. Then there's the butler service which isn't available in AQ!

I was thinking of getting the same thing for just a couple of drinks a night outside the YC. What is offered? I have seen coupons but do not know how few I can buy, and if they will equate to a discounted price.

I was thinking of getting the same thing for just a couple of drinks a night outside the YC. What is offered? I have seen coupons but do not know how few I can buy, and if they will equate to a discounted price.

I don't buy the vouchers so I'm afraid I can't say whether they're good value. I believe it works out that you get about 2 drinks 'free' and avoid the 15% SC? I get the Allegrissimo package for the convenience ............. @ €26 per day I probably even get my money's worth over the course of the night LOL

Just seen you're on Divina from Miami - the Allegrissimo is more expensive per day so possibly not worth getting in your case. I usually avoid advising on anything to do with MSC from Miami or in the Caribbean as I haven't experienced sailing that region, yet - the experience is different to Med cruises which I'm more familiar with.

Edited by Beamafar

On our April trip, we thought what was free would be limited. However, it was clear that the bartenders would make you any drink that you wanted at no charge. I asked the bartender/ butler and the areas that they would charge was if you wanted to upgrade your wine, scotch, brandy etc.

My wife found the prosecco to be of a very nice quality. Here family comes from that region of Italy and so it is in her DNA. At dinner, they always start you with a glass of prosecco, which is a nice touch.

Please also remember that your mini bar is complimentary. They will stock with beers, sodas (coke products) and mini bottles of alcohol. You can tell the butler how you would like it stocked.

Thank You Parallax

it looks auspicious,i love procecco...........hmmmmmmm

hello

i found the X classic package very good ( on one occasion too good )

also the Blu was exc.for breakfurst and dinner.

Is YC restaurant even better than Blu? (in Your opp.)

In our case l'olivia on Spendida.

Thanks

Still have to convince hubby that this could be better than the Sky suite on Celebrity!

The Y1, Y2 and Y3 would all be less than the deal we have booked on Celebrity. But we also have free gratuities, $300 OBC and the drink package on Celebrity.

We have been on Celebrity before but not in a suite, we were in Aqua Class and loved having the private dining room. We have also sailed on NCL in the haven and it was the best cruise we have ever been on but the haven prices are MUCH higher than what we are paying for Celebrity and higher than the prices I am seeing for MSC. So I have lots to ponder!!

Thanks for all the help!!

hello

i found the X classic package very good ( on one occasion too good )

also the Blu was exc.for breakfurst and dinner.

Is YC restaurant even better than Blu? (in Your opp.)

In our case l'olivia on Spendida.

Thanks

Hi

I haven't tried X yet .............. I've seen the drinks list included in their packages which is how I reckon the range is better in YC including more premium brands.

I'll be in a Sky Suite so will have access to Luminae as well as to Blu. I'll also get to dine on 2 nights in a Specialty restaurant as it's a 14 night cruise. I got the 123Go so will have the classic package. I may use the OBC to upgrade to premium for the Martini Bar ;) I'm looking forward to comparing Sky Suite to YC :D

I have been on numerous cruises with Celebrity. While we have really enjoyed our cruises, we found the suite program to not be worth the money. The only advantage that Celebrity has is that the suites are much bigger. The problem that Celebrity has is that it does not have the YC space. It is not a ship within ship. Outside of the restaurant on MSC, everything is within the same area. Plus, you have your own pool area.

If we were just looking to book a balcony, we would stay on Celebrity. If we are looking for the suite experience, we would book the YC.

Celebrity offers in-suite dining - something MSC YC doesn't. Also, the room service breakfast menus are far more comprehensive on X. I'm looking forward to having the butler deliver a cooked breakfast on the balcony which I've never experienced in YC! It's apples and oranges, really - what's available on one, isn't on the other. Vive les choices :D

Slightly confused after looking at Skier52's attached 2012 drinks list. Is the no wine included at all in the complimentary list for the Yacht Club members?

There are four wines listed If you look at the top of ther first page of drinks you will see them there listed under "DALLA NOSTRA CANTINA"

Curvee Prestige Brut "Fantinel" (A sparkling wine)

Fruilano Borgo Tesis DOC "Fantinel"

Chianti Conti Borghini Baldovinetti DOCG "Fattoria San Fabino" ( A red wine)

Rosato IGT "Gemma"

I' ve indicated what sort two of them are.

I can't find out whether the others are a white and a rose But I assume they are.

Fruilano Borgo Tesis DOC "Fantinel" is available as red (Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon) or white (Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio)

Rosato IGT "Gemma" is almost definitly a Rose (Trebbiano d'Abruzzo (80%), Cococciola (rare Abruzzo native vine) and a small percentage of Chardonnay)

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

We have cruised YC twice and the drinks selections were different each time. On the first Med cruise there was a wider selection of beers and spirits than on our TA from Brazil.

MSC change the drinks and food menu depending upon what ports they replenish at and also from season to season.

Being regulars at the bar we were able to get more or less any drink we wanted F.O.C. from the friendly chief bartender. Both my wife and I prefer to sit at the bar rather than be served by the butlers and a few tips and friendly banter ensured a well lubricated cruise .......