When do ship excursions open for booking ?

kazda

Hi

I Logged into 'MY Princess' account to look over the excursions available for our May 28th 2016 Alaska cruise.

As the excursions do not load for any of the 3 ports we're visiting , is there a set date when the ship excursions are open for booking ? EG 200 days from sailing date. Currently at 294 days out from sailing

Thanks

Karen

We are doing an Alaska cruise on the Coral Princess July 2016, I received an email from Princess last Friday saying that shore excursions were now available for booking.

From an e-mail received today about a Mexican Riviera cruise:

Just remember to be sure to book early as spots fill up fast. As a reminder, we're pleased to offer you the convenient option to pre-pay for shore excursions online via Cruise Personalizer. However, no payment is required to pre-reserve and advance bookings can be cancelled without penalty up until the closing time for cancellations, as published onboard.

When I try to book I have two options: add to cart and add to wish list. When I add to cart, I get the following message:

cac8043579f521428aa27516578d560c.jpg

Also received this message in the confirmation email:

"We're delighted you've pre-reserved shore excursions for your upcoming cruise vacation. To ensure your shore excursion reservations are complete full payment for your excursions is required. To confirm your reservations please complete payment through our Cruise Personalizer or by contacting us at 1 800 774 6237 at your earliest convenience. All unpaid shore excursion reservations will automatically be cancelled if not paid in 24 hours."

The bookings cancelled after 24 hours for non payment. This has never happened in the past and I can't explain why it's happening now.

Denise

Edited by dtb55

Wondering if that prepayment is required for all excursions or just a couple. Given we dont have to pre pay for our June Alaska cruise on Island it seems very strange.

It seems to be required for all excursions. Agreed, it's strange!

Denise

Edited by dtb55

I suggest calling Princess and asking what is the story on this.

Maybe this is something new for 2016 that has not been announced.

Maybe, but it isnt a requirement on my June 1 2016 Alaskan cruise.

Now you all got me worrying as on our coming cruise there is ONE thing that we are REQUIRED to do (emphasis shown as it is the reason we're on the cruise I am told).

We too have the:

"Pay Before You Sail, Or Pay Later Onboard

You have the option to pay for shore excursions in advance of your cruise. If you wait, we will add the charges to your onboard account which is settled at the end of the cruise."

Long as we get the ONE thing, the rest can be flushed. I'm confident, but I have that ONE thing booked under my name so I might just pay.

I am going on an Alaska cruisetour in July. I booked excursions for the cruise portion; no option for a discount, but not required to prepay.

There are no excursions available yet for the land portion, other than what was included on my tour.

Edited by denatravels