Extra cost for activities on board?

I was just checking out the anthem of the seas and I'm just wondering if all the cool activities are included or an extra charge? The sky diving, bumper cars, surfing and big pod thingy look awesome but I'm assuming they aren't included in the base fare.

I was just checking out the anthem of the seas and I'm just wondering if all the cool activities are included or an extra charge? The sky diving, bumper cars, surfing and big pod thingy look awesome but I'm assuming they aren't included in the base fare.

They are all complimentary.

Use of the Flowrider is included with your cruise, but it's not always open to the public. It can be rented for private parties, and for semi-private lessons that are available for extra-cost. I would guess that they have similar arrangement with the sky diving simulator.

All of the activities are complimentary. Each passenger gets 1 minute on Ifly. If you want to go a second time for longer, there is a charge.

Sometimes.

At least, on the Quantum, I did it a second time and there was no charge.

:D

Use of the Flowrider is included with your cruise, but it's not always open to the public. It can be rented for private parties, and for semi-private lessons that are available for extra-cost. I would guess that they have similar arrangement with the sky diving simulator.

Yes, it can be rented for private use and they do have set aside time to give lesson for a fee....but there is plenty of published time that is 'open for public use' which is free.

Use of the Flowrider is included with your cruise, but it's not always open to the public. It can be rented for private parties, and for semi-private lessons that are available for extra-cost.

What is the $69 lesson I see on line for the Flowrider? Based on your comment it sounds like I can ride it free without a lesson?

In addition, all the entertainment (theater shows, music, comedy, dancing, trivia, silly contests) are free.

The things that cost extra are, generally speaking, specialty restaurants, upgraded drinks (beyond tap water, lemonade, fruit-flavored water, tea, and regular coffee), gambling (including bingo), shore excursions, shopping (well, purchasing anyway, including ship-taken photographs), and medical matters (I bring a variety of OTC remedies).

You can have a wonderful time without spending onboard, or you can spend more than your cruise fare. It's at your discretion.

I find the more planning I do, the less money I spend and Cruise Critic has helped empower me to make wise choices.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

What is the $69 lesson I see on line for the Flowrider? Based on your comment it sounds like I can ride it free without a lesson?

If you want to pay for a private lesson, that is the fee. You don't need to have lessons before you go on it. I never did, even prior to the first time I went on it.

Lessons are NOT required.

If you want to pay for a private lesson, that is the fee. You don't need to have lessons before you go on it. I never did, even prior to the first time I went on it.

Lessons are NOT required.

Thanks! How long do you get to ride if you do not have a lesson?

They try to keep the line moving. If you 'wash out' quickly, they get you back up to keep going....and keep it very fair. I have never 'timed it' for each ride, but it is fine. Then I dry off and get back on the line, which moves along nicely.

They are very fair....don't worry. Even without lessons the sports team that is managing the Flowrider does try to help you get better on each successive ride. It is a lot of fun.

Personally it is something I enjoy and am so glad they added it to Navigator on her refurb, so when we go on NV in November, I can enjoy it again and again and again.

It's been a while, but if memory serves, Flowrider lessons last for an hour. They limit the maximum number of guests per lesson (maybe 8?) and they may also require a minimum number (4 or 6?) to actually "make" a class. In my case, only two of us showed up and they kept the schedule.

As others have said, lessons are not really needed. The main benefit of a lesson is just to get some more time without waiting in long lines. If you want to learn to do tricks or stand-up surf, the crew is there to help teach you.

The Flowrider is very easy to use. You start at the top, grab the board firmly against your chest, and then jump in, sort of as if you were going to do a belly-flop in a pool. The water pressure and shape of the "wave" pretty much keeps you right in its sweet-spot. You can lean from side to side to steer, and you can change your weight balance and use your legs in the water to move yourself "up and down" the wave. Going from a lying position to knees is a slight challenge. It's best if you do it in once movement, because trying one knee at a time put you off balance. If you want to stand-up, you pretty mush have to step onto the board from the side of the Flowrider.

If you want to stand-up, you pretty mush have to step onto the board from the side of the Flowrider.

There are plenty of open times for everyone on the Flowrider. First thing in the morning they do "advanced" stand up, which means you need to be able to "self load" or get on the board and get going on your own. After that session (about 1 hour) they have regular stand up, where the sports staff will assist you in learning to load and ride, by holding your hands and gently pushing you into the current of the wave. They usually have this first thing in the morning then in the afternoon again.

For boogie boarding (on your belly) whether you are a beginner or advanced, you can participate in any session. The staff really wants you to learn and have fun so give it a try.

At the end of the week, if you're lucky, they will have a "Best of the Best" competition among the best stand up riders of the week. My older son has been picked a few times to participate. On one of our last trips, there simply were not enough advanced riders to make a competition. However, we had sailed a few times before with one of the staff, and she asked the manager to make an exception. The managed told my son that if he could do 4 full 360 turns in a row, he would win and could sign the BOB board. He did it and his name is forever on the winner board.

We have our own flowboard, so I guess you can figure out that we love it.

There are plenty of open times for everyone on the Flowrider. First thing in the morning they do "advanced" stand up, which means you need to be able to "self load" or get on the board and get going on your own. After that session (about 1 hour) they have regular stand up, where the sports staff will assist you in learning to load and ride, by holding your hands and gently pushing you into the current of the wave. They usually have this first thing in the morning then in the afternoon again.

For boogie boarding (on your belly) whether you are a beginner or advanced, you can participate in any session. The staff really wants you to learn and have fun so give it a try.

I am the world's most uncoordinated, unbalanced person (thanks to a bit of a neurological disorder), but I still have plenty of fun riding flat and on my knees, and even making a spectacle of myself trying to stand.

At the end of the week, if you're lucky, they will have a "Best of the Best" competition among the best stand up riders of the week. My older son has been picked a few times to participate. On one of our last trips, there simply were not enough advanced riders to make a competition. However, we had sailed a few times before with one of the staff, and she asked the manager to make an exception. The managed told my son that if he could do 4 full 360 turns in a row, he would win and could sign the BOB board. He did it and his name is forever on the winner board.

Congrats to your son!

We have our own flowboard, so I guess you can figure out that we love it.

Oh, for a moment there, I though you said you had your own Flowrider! :eek: I actually looked into these things and not only are they very expensive to purchase, they are very expensive to operate in terms of electricity. I actually was considering opening up one in a strip mall as an indoor attraction, but you really can't make it work unless you have other things to go along with it plus food and beverage services.