Anthem - Escape from the Future Puzzle Break live escape game?

Our group was us two and 6 other people, the staff member said it was a small group which might make it harder to do so he added a little more time on at the end. We never did get out :D

Our group was us two and 6 other people, the staff member said it was a small group which might make it harder to do so he added a little more time on at the end. We never did get out :D

We had only a group of 6. Staff said you could do it with 4 but 8-10 was the best number.

We got out with 11:09 left on the clock. Some of the really hard puzzles we did quick and the staff never saw them solved that quickly but some of the very easy ones, we did struggle and over think it.

We booked just us 2 and turned up to meet the others there. It is the Teen Disco venue that isn't used during the day.

Can anyone tell me where this is located? I see no mention of it on the main Anthem web pages.

And where do you sign up? At this location?

I'm not sure if you've done these kind of games before, but this one was a bit on the easy side. My group finished in about half an hour, whereas I did one in NY which was quite a bit harder and failed. Perhaps I viewed that one much harder because it was my first, but I can't imagine it was such a change in my perception that we got out in half the time it took for my group to fail on the other one.

It's definitely a lot of fun though, and while a bit of a pain to locate and get set up with, it was definitely a highlight of the cruise and well worth doing it.

Fair warning, if going with children, there is an age minimum, so check with staff for what it is before planning on doing it as a family.

I'd never heard of this game either until today from groupon in my city, thought it would be a good birthday present for the kids, is it just on the anthem or any other ships?

Just on trial on Anthem but could easily be rolled out to other ships. It uses the teens disco room during the day.

If you want to do it, make sure you remember to book early. I think you can only book on board (happy to be corrected). We fancied having a go but by the time we remembered (after Ripcord, Flowrider, etc, etc) there were no slots left. :(

Edited by motif

If you want to do it, make sure you remember to book early. I think you can only book on board (happy to be corrected). We fancied having a go but by the time we remembered (after Ripcord, Flowrider, etc, etc) there were no slots left. :(

I think you are correct as neither I (6 weeks before cruise) nor a friend of mine (2 weeks before cruise) can book the Escape Puzzle online.

Question is: WHERE do you book it? Same for North Star and Flowrider... don't know where to book them because the only thing bookable online is RipCord (except for payed lessons on Flowrider, but the free one can't be booked in advance).

Read post #2

It can't be clearer than that.

You can not pre book on line

You can not book on royal IQ app

You can only book with seaplex staff, entertainment staff or customer services.

North Staff IS NOT bookable. It's turn up and queue. Best time is morning in port if you are not going ashore (or till later).

Flowrider IS bookable in advance on line or the app or the TV in your cabin.

Read post #2

North Staff IS NOT bookable. It's turn up and queue. Best time is morning in port if you are not going ashore (or till later).

Actually, you *can* book Puzzle Break with the Royal IQ app once on board. We'd just left it too late and there were only a few single slots available. We wanted to do it as a couple. :)

Actually, you *can* book Puzzle Break with the Royal IQ app once on board. We'd just left it too late and there were only a few single slots available. We wanted to do it as a couple. :)

Tried on Day one and it said unavailable for everytime slot. Spoke to staff and got the next day booked. When App states full. SO don't believe app and speak to crew instead.

Maybe the bookings hadn't been unlocked on the app at that time then? :confused:. We had a similar issue trying to book Flowrider lessons online before departure. No joy for weeks, and then all of a sudden they were available. I didn't see the complimentary Flowrider sessions available to book anywhere, but then I wasn't really looking for those!:D. North Star is a definite turn up and wait event.

:)

Read post #2

Thanks once more!

I know that there a Flowrider lessons, but aren't there "free slots" so you just can try it without booking a lesson?

Regarding the puzzle break game: can you book for a group of 6 or 10? How does it work, can it be booked by one person or do they all need to show up?

I know that there a Flowrider lessons, but aren't there "free slots" so you just can try it without booking a lesson?

Yes. We booked a lesson and there were 6 of us in total for that hour session (4 from our group and 2 'strangers'). We were able to book that online at home, along with our complimentary RipCord by iFLY session. However, I believe that there were FlowRider sessions where no reservation was required. By way of example (my emphasis), from the Cruise Compass for Day 5...

2:00 pm - 4:00 pm FlowRider Boogie Boarding, FlowRider, Deck 15

2:00 pm - 6:00 pm RipCord by iFLY (reservations required), RipCord by iFLY, Deck 15

4:00 pm - 6:00 pm FlowRider Stand-Up Surfing, FlowRider, Deck 15

Sorry I can't help with your Puzzle Break question though. :(

Flowrider just show up to try it out, when it is open. The staff will help you get started. They will make suggestions ie move up on the board etc. The best times are when people are off the ship. There was only three of us in line so they helped us a bit more. My granddaughter even got to stand up and do it. She loved it. Once she got the hang of it she started doing tricks.

However, I believe that there were FlowRider sessions where no reservation was required. By way of example (my emphasis), from the Cruise Compass for Day 5...

2:00 pm - 4:00 pm FlowRider Boogie Boarding, FlowRider, Deck 15

2:00 pm - 6:00 pm RipCord by iFLY (reservations required), RipCord by iFLY, Deck 15

4:00 pm - 6:00 pm FlowRider Stand-Up Surfing, FlowRider, Deck 15

Sorry I can't help with your Puzzle Break question though. :(

Flowrider just show up to try it out, when it is open. The staff will help you get started. They will make suggestions ie move up on the board etc. The best times are when people are off the ship. There was only three of us in line so they helped us a bit more. My granddaughter even got to stand up and do it. She loved it. Once she got the hang of it she started doing tricks.

Thanks to both of you, that helps!!!