Carry On Wine Question

pirate4me2

Also, "1 bottle per person" do they restrict to adults only or do kids count too? I.e. can a family of 4 only bring 2 or 4? ;-)

Kids count as long as they're 21 or over. Quoting the relevant portion of the FAQ:

At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage.

Source: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/kw/beverage/session/L3RpbWUvMTQzOTM2MDE1NS9zaWQvZUhOREJJdG0=

Thanks so much for the input everyone! I like a wine that is a regular screwtop so I won't need a corkscrew. I can't wait to enjoy a glass on my balcony!

NCTribe, I didn't know that about the wine from the steakhouse, I always drink the whole thing to make sure I get it all!:p:eek::D

I don't know if this helps the folks traveling via plane, but I ordered diaper bottle bags from Amazon and they are wonderful! And God forbid the bottle breaks in your luggage, the diaper bag will absorb the mess so it doesn't ruin your contents of your suitcase!

NC TribeFan.... I had to laugh, I too travel with a corkscrew combo in my toiletry bag! Lol!

Thank you for sharing this. I had no idea such a thing existed! (Many thanks from the child-free community.)

Not to hijack your thread but can you bring those little individual serving size wines instead ?

Carnival is pretty specific about it being a 750 ml bottle. Supposedly some people have tried taking a 1.5 L bottle (since there were two of them) and having it confiscated.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy

Some ports are much more particular than others.

Just take the 750 ml bottle and don't stress about whether the little ones will make it through. After all, the security people don't really have time to stand and debate whether the total volume of multiple small bottles = 1 larger as there are usually lots and lots of people in line. Your fellow passengers won't appreciate the hold up, either.

Once upon a time (in the days before I bought the wine packages), I put a small BOX in with my toiletries, which were in my checked bag, and they made it through. I simply can't be bothered to even try to smuggle now. The minimal savings aren't worth the stress of wondering if I'll be called to the Naughty Room.

Does anyone know.... can you bring a GLASS of wine from your stateroom or any drink for that matter, into the dinning room for dinner?? I have a Tervis Tumber Wine Glass. just wondering.:confused:

I always do! I use the water glass. It holds about 2 glasses of wine ( about a third of the bottle)

Carnival is pretty specific about it being a 750 ml bottle. Supposedly some people have tried taking a 1.5 L bottle (since there were two of them) and having it confiscated.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy

Some ports are much more particular than others.

Just take the 750 ml bottle and don't stress about whether the little ones will make it through. After all, the security people don't really have time to stand and debate whether the total volume of multiple small bottles = 1 larger as there are usually lots and lots of people in line. Your fellow passengers won't appreciate the hold up, either.

Once upon a time (in the days before I bought the wine packages), I put a small BOX in with my toiletries, which were in my checked bag, and they made it through. I simply can't be bothered to even try to smuggle now. The minimal savings aren't worth the stress of wondering if I'll be called to the Naughty Room.

Thank you!!