Soda Question: Coke or Pepsi?

Wavesprite

Yes, it is unfortunately Pepsi products. However, I usually bring a case of diet coke along, or buy a case locally before boarding, wrap it in clear packing wrap, put a luggage tag on it, and give to the luggage handlers, and it arrives with my luggage in my stateroom. NCL only prohibits alcoholic beverages, not bottled water or soft drinks.;)

Have to bring your own cans / bottles of diet soda if you want - at least NCL doesn't limited it, like Carnival is doing...

As long as they continue to carry Mt Dew any (real) computer geek will be happy.

The drink of raiding champions!! :D

I wish they had coke products - far superior to pepsi

rum and pepsi is NOT the same :P

but, seeing as it's vacation, I guess I can deal with pepsi products for a week ;)

but yes, if you absolutely must have coke, bring some onboard - it is great NCL allows you to bring it onboard! I'd recommend bringing bottled water too if you can, very handy on port days.

FYI, Pibb is a Coke product and Dr. Pepper is usually, but not always, bottled by Coke.

Actually, where Dr Pepper is concerned, this is incorrect. Dr Pepper is a Cadbury/Schweppes product (the same folks who make 7Up and Snapple) and thus is bottled by them. Where the confusion lies is distributing rights. In some areas it is distributed by Pepsico, in others by Coke. Those distribution rights come up for bidding every few years in each area.

(random and rather useless trivia there)

Edited by tarps14

Actually, where Dr Pepper is concerned, this is incorrect. Dr Pepper is a Cadbury/Schweppes product (the same folks who make 7Up and Snapple) and thus is bottled by them. Where the confusion lies is distributing rights. In some areas it is distributed by Pepsico, in others by Coke. Those distribution rights come up for bidding every few years in each area.

(random and rather useless trivia there)

Yes, very true, as I live in texas, the birthplace of Dr. Pepper and it is indeed independent of Coke/Pepsi. Live right by headquarters, actually - am always thirsty when I go by :D

Says you, not everyone!

"I wish they had coke products - far superior to pepsi

rum and pepsi is NOT the same :P "

Just posting my opinion, and was being silly, no need to get critical. :cool:

I really don't care either way, but I do prefer actual Coke or Pepsi - I think Coke tastes sweeter for some reason and better with rum, but see, if I drink a soft drink, it is usually mixed with a form of alcohol, so really not a HUGE deal to me except in my "rum and cokes"