New to Princess Anytime Dining Summary

dcdisney

[quote name='caribill']It's called the "Cruise Answer Book" and can be downloaded from the Princess web site.

They used to have a paper version that was mailed to you for every cruise. It would be nice to still have a paper version that could be requested.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter what's published. Princess has a never say no policy when it come to anytime dining. After the first day they stop checking the sea pass.

We have used the equivalent of Anytime Dining on four cruiselines: RCCL, Princess, Celebrity, and HAL. It's the same issues on all of them. People who want to eat between 5:30 - 7:00 have wait times much of the time. That's the most popular times for dining.

We eat late, starting between 8:15 to 8:30, and have had to wait maybe 10 minutes [B][I]several times[/I][/B] on any of these cruises.

It was basically the same when we started cruising in 1973, only reversed. They only had traditional dining then, and everyone wanted to eat late. I remember one lady yelling at the head waiter because she couldn't get into late seatiing. Edited by pcur

[quote name='pcur']We have used the equivalent of Anytime Dining on four cruiselines: RCCL, Princess, Celebrity, and HAL. It's the same issues on all of them. .[/QUOTE]

The issue isn't as much a problem on lines that have a policy of not allowing trad. cruisers to step in line with anytime cruisers during peak hours.

Traditional dining should stick with their time. If they did, and cards were really checked, there would not be so long a wait for anytime diners. They should NOT allow them in during anytime dining hours. Would save a lot of aggravation for the anytime diners and they could go "anytime".

I've said my piece.

Have a good cruise!

[quote name='pcur']We have used the equivalent of Anytime Dining on four cruiselines: RCCL, Princess, Celebrity, and HAL. It's the same issues on all of them. People who want to eat between 5:30 - 7:00 have wait times much of the time. That's the most popular times for dining.

We eat late, starting between 8:15 to 8:30, and have had to wait maybe 10 minutes [B][I]several times[/I][/B] on any of these cruises.

It was basically the same when we started cruising in 1973, only reversed. They only had traditional dining then, and everyone wanted to eat late. I remember one lady yelling at the head waiter because she couldn't get into late seatiing.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have to yell. In 1991 a fifty dollar bill spoke volumes to get me from early to late traditional seating.