PRE CRUISE PLANNING... DREAM out of NOLA and WHAT TO EXPECT

Janet Foster

Thanks so much for the review. Looks like our choice to get FTTF will be a good one. Was your luggage actually at your room when you boarded? And how was the crowd in the buffet? We plan on hitting Pasta Bella for our first meal, everyone says the food is good and not everyone knows about it for the first few days...

Love this! We are sailing out of NOLA in 92 days and this report gives very detailed information I haven't see anywhere else! Thank you!

I do have one question, you're over the door hanger. How long is it? I'm looking at one on Amazon and it's 64" long and I'm wondering if that is to long for the door. I can't find the height of the door anywhere. This is the one i'm looking at...it looks similar to yours....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HM5V0A/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thanks so much for the review. Looks like our choice to get FTTF will be a good one. Was your luggage actually at your room when you boarded? And how was the crowd in the buffet? We plan on hitting Pasta Bella for our first meal, everyone says the food is good and not everyone knows about it for the first few days...

Amber, yes that shoe holder is the one. It appears long but it's perfect really.

Raxter, our cabin was ready but our luggage was not in there when we boarded. After we went to eat at Pasta Bella we made our way back to the cabin and it arrived soon after. I was all unpacked by 1:30 or so. And Pasta Bella was totally empty. So it is perfect for your first meal. The food was great!!

Hope I answered everyone's questions.

Raxter, our cabin was ready but our luggage was not in there when we boarded. After we went to eat at Pasta Bella we made our way back to the cabin and it arrived soon after. I was all unpacked by 1:30 or so. And Pasta Bella was totally empty. So it is perfect for your first meal. The food was great!!

Hope I answered everyone's questions.

Answered mine, and thank you very much for that :D

Had another quick question concerning FTTF. I read the FAQ for FTTF and it states that FTTF people are processed thru the Priority check-in, but are not allowed to use the lounge that Platinum/Diamond go to. Looks like you were ushered into the Platinum/Diamond lounge. Is the FAQ wrong, or are they not so stringent on enforcing this?

Had another quick question concerning FTTF. I read the FAQ for FTTF and it states that FTTF people are processed thru the Priority check-in, but are not allowed to use the lounge that Platinum/Diamond go to. Looks like you were ushered into the Platinum/Diamond lounge. Is the FAQ wrong, or are they not so stringent on enforcing this?

I suppose they were not stringent on enforcing as I don't or didn't see how they could have plucked the FTTF people out of the lounge as the lounge room and the priority check in room (the room with the leather seats) just flowed from one room to the next.

First you entered the lounge area where the refreshments were. Then the room flowed into the next room which was the check in area. Then you left through another door back into the main flow of people but you were led into a roped off area for priority seating till the ship was ready to board. So it was like one way traffic.

Hope that helps.

I suppose they were not stringent on enforcing as I don't or didn't see how they could have plucked the FTTF people out of the lounge as the lounge room and the priority check in room (the room with the leather seats) just flowed from one room to the next.

First you entered the lounge area where the refreshments were. Then the room flowed into the next room which was the check in area. Then you left through another door back into the main flow of people but you were led into a roped off area for priority seating till the ship was ready to board. So it was like one way traffic.

Hope that helps.

Helps a lot :-) Come on January!

Awesome! Thank you! I just ordered it! :)

YAY AMBER!!

I am so excited for all of you who are in the pre planning cruise stages.. this is the only way I can relive it... and give myself from relief from my after cruise depression... that part SUCKS...

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your review.

I keep wanting to sail out of NOLA, but I just can't find the *right* ship and itinerary.

Also, when you sailed you had daylight for most (all?) of your trip down the Mississippi. That's what I want. If you go in the Winter/early Spring when the weather is not so hot, it's dark early. Decisions, decisions.:p

Thanks again.:)

Thank you for your review.

I keep wanting to sail out of NOLA, but I just can't find the *right* ship and itinerary.

Also, when you sailed you had daylight for most (all?) of your trip down the Mississippi. That's what I want. If you go in the Winter/early Spring when the weather is not so hot, it's dark early. Decisions, decisions.:p

Thanks again.:)

When we sailed on Royal Caribbean this past February, we still had about 2 hours daylight to see the river. After we had dinner in the MDR, went out and watched the lights along the riverbank go by. Seeing that and other ships passing by was very nice.

• 4 months later...

I want to tell you that this was a fabulous review. All of the details, pictures and information was so helpful. My husband and I will be heading out of NOLA on the Dream on June 26, 2016. We also have a Cloud 9 Spa room and I wanted to know if we get to keep the slippers?:D