Who's getting early up to watch the Escapes birth?

rydan

Here's the link.

http://www.hd1080i.de/en/videos-en/ships/live-float-out-of-norwegian-escape-on-august-15/

The link says "Getaway" in title but it is definitely for the Escape if you read the body of the article.

8:00a CEST = 2:00a EDT

Edit: The link comes courtesy of jason3695

Edited by tarps14

Here is the Link.

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_20617.jsp

Or

http://www.hd1080i.de/en/videos-en/ships/live-float-out-of-norwegian-escape-on-august-15

Someone over at the shipyard goofed up. The article says Getaway on the headline.

The estimated time is 8am in Germany. They are six hours ahead.

It will be 2am eastern, 1am central, 12am mountain & 11pm pacific.

There will be a link on the MeyerWreft site.

Edited by rydan

While you're up you might as well do some stargazing too...the meteor showers are supposed to be really great this year!

Tonight is peak viewing for the shower and I am presently surrounded by several million people and the light they create :(

We were on the Carnival Triumph, Thanksgiving week in 2001, during the Leonids meteor shower. Middle of the Caribbean sea, no city lights. One of the most amazing things I have ever seen. A memory my children have never forgotten (and they're all adults now). We are fixing to head out from the city about an hour and see what we can see. :D

We were on the Carnival Triumph, Thanksgiving week in 2001, during the Leonids meteor shower. Middle of the Caribbean sea, no city lights. One of the most amazing things I have ever seen. A memory my children have never forgotten (and they're all adults now). We are fixing to head out from the city about an hour and see what we can see. :D

I was captaining my own live aboard 42 ft motor yacht then. Set alarm and coffeemaker. Put on robes, grabbed coffee and watched ! What a treat after 9-11. We were in the Keys.:)

I was captaining my own live aboard 42 ft motor yacht then. Set alarm and coffeemaker. Put on robes, grabbed coffee and watched ! What a treat after 9-11. We were in the Keys.:)

Carnival has this little known door to the deck directly over the bridge. We went out there and, man, what a light show.

Last night's was one of the better I've seen in a few years. We were out until about 1:30 and easily saw 15+ in a hour. Hard to get away from the city lights around Atlanta.

Funny story. So there we sat last night on a country road out towards Athens. Pushing 1a. Pick-up truck passes, turns around, comes back. Stops and asks if everything is okay. We said yeah and told him we were watching the meteor shower. He said okay and went on his way. I turned to my husband and said "so how long you think it'll be until the sheriff shows up?" Sure enough, 15 min later, up pulls two county sheriffs. Asked if we were having any problems and we said no, just watching the meteor shower. They said "well then, we probably aren't helping much with the headlights" and off they went. Gotta love protective, country folk (of which I am one seeing as all my family is from Alabama and North Carolina).:D

*sorry, didn't mean to hijack......carry on.

Edited by tarps14