Please show your photos of the Riviera B Verandah stateroom, balcony and bath?

Iamthesea

Does anyone have personal photos of the Standard stateroom, the balcony and the bathroom that they can share? I have searched Youtube and the net to no avail. All I can find are promotional photos of the stateroom that tend to sensationalize the room size.

DH and I are thinking about taking our first cruise on Oceania on the Riviera. ;)

Cat. B4 is what we are pricing. Are there any problems with this category and location?

Edited by Iamthesea

I have a few of the Marina

i-ZHbnjQn-600x450.jpg

There is now a different shower head in the tub & a partial glass panel on the side of the tub near the sink

The Preisman's also have some excellent photos of the ship

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera_mayan_page2.htm

A, B & C cabins are all the same inside pretty much

Edited by LHT28

Thank you! I added some more information in my original post. Isn't the Marina and sister ship to the Riviera?

Never occurred to me to look at the Preisman's webpage. They are like an encyclopedia of knowledge! :D

Edited by Iamthesea

Thank you! I added some more information in my original post. Isn't the Marina and sister ship to the Riviera?

Never occurred to me to look at the Preisman's webpage. They are like an encyclopedia of knowledge! :D

Yes

pretty much the same some differences in decor & art work

yes & excellent photos

I do not know where they find the time to enjoy the cruise ;)

Edited by LHT28

I do not know where they find the time to enjoy the cruise ;)

Haha...I often wonder the same thing.

I have taken a look at your photos. I am not all that impressed with the size of the stateroom. Reminds me of the smallest verandah stateroom on HAL, but a bit larger than the standard veranda stateroom on the Celebrity Solstice class. The square footage numbers, minus the balcony sq footage, suggest that the stateroom is the size of a Junior Suite on RCCL. That does not seem to be the case. However, there does seem to be plenty of storage.

Now the bath I kinda like except for the lack of privacy. I prefer a shower curtain on tub and frosted door on the shower stall. Is that stall as small as it looks? :eek:

Haha...I often wonder the same thing.

I have taken a look at your photos. I am not all that impressed with the size of the stateroom. Reminds me of the smallest verandah stateroom on HAL, but a bit larger than the standard veranda stateroom on the Celebrity Solstice class. The square footage numbers, minus the balcony sq footage, suggest that the stateroom is the size of a Junior Suite on RCCL. That does not seem to be the case. However, there does seem to be plenty of storage.

Now the bath I kinda like except for the lack of privacy. I prefer a shower curtain on tub and frosted door on the shower stall. Is that stall as small as it looks? :eek:

We were on the Eurodam last yr in an OV & the cabin seemed about the same size as O

It is fine for us as we are seldom in the cabin

YMMV

The shower is cozy ;)

Edited by LHT28

Riviera and Marina are drop dead gorgeous ships with marvelous clean lines, style and beauty. I cannot imagine a nicer ship.

The B4 cabin is nicely sized, they are not center ship but the locations we have had were fine. I'm not real particular on location. I loved the bathroom so much I took photos to give to a decorator, there is plenty of room. The verandah is on the small side but fine for two people.

Riviera and Marina are drop dead gorgeous ships with marvelous clean lines, style and beauty. I cannot imagine a nicer ship.

The B4 cabin is nicely sized, they are not center ship but the locations we have had were fine. I'm not real particular on location. I loved the bathroom so much I took photos to give to a decorator, there is plenty of room. The verandah is on the small side but fine for two people.

Try to get a B3 extended balcony with lounge chairs.

Thank you for that tip. :) Do all B3's have the extended balcony with lounge chairs. The B3 is only $50pp higher and there appear to be plenty of staterooms in all categories. Being new to Oceania, we are not sure if we should book now or wait. :rolleyes: As you can see from my signature, we are Celebrity fans. We are going to cancel the Aus/NZ cruise and book the 2/12 Riveria cruise instead. We will reschedule our Celebrity cruise for 2017.

We were on the Eurodam last yr in an OV & the cabin seemed about the same size as O

It is fine for us as we are seldom in the cabin

YMMV

The shower is cozy ;)

What is "O". And what is YMMV? :o

Thank you for the descriptions. ;) We are getting excited about the possibility of booking this ship. Two new ports, as well! If we go ahead with it, I will be asking a lot of questions. :)

Thank you for that tip. :) Do all B3's have the extended balcony with lounge chairs.

Not all B 3's have the extended veranda check the deck plans for deck 7 you will see the deck is wider starting about 7108 & some of the forward b3's where the deck widens those are the one to look for

What is "O". And what is YMMV? :o

"O" = Oceania

YMMV = your mileage may vary

;)

0=Oceania

YMMV= Your mileage may vary

The R Ships = ships which were built by Renaissance Cruise Lines (Oceania has four of them, the Regatta, Insignia, Nautica & Sirena)

The O Ships = Ships which were built specifically for Oceania cruises (i.e. the Marina and the Riviera)

FDR = Frank Del Rio (Oceania's lionized CEO presently doing double duty as head of NCL)

Extended Veranda Cabins = a specific grouping of B3 cabins on Deck 7 of Marina and Riviera (The O ships!) which have deeper than normal verandas

094847.jpg Just look at the deck plans, if the veranda looks deeper, it IS!

Hope that this helped,

Enjoy Oceania!

We are multi platinum with HAL and will never go back.......EVER!

"O" = Oceania

YMMV = your mileage may vary

;)

I figured the "O" out after I posted. :D

Where can I find these new deck plans and would it be best to book directly with Oceania or a TA. What is Oceania's policy on price reductions?

Also, I noticed on one TA website where the rate for the B4 was advertised as $3999...including air from a major airport. When I went through the booking, the rate changed to $3659. Does that mean it is without air? I did not have to answer a question about whether or not we wanted the air (which we do not) so wondered why the rate changed. And the deposit is $1500! :eek: That's more of a deposit that we have ever had to pay. Is final payment still in the 70 day range?

I figured the "O" out after I posted. :D

Where can I find these new deck plans and would it be best to book directly with Oceania or a TA. What is Oceania's policy on price reductions?

Also, I noticed on one TA website where the rate for the B4 was advertised as $3999...including air from a major airport. When I went through the booking, the rate changed to $3659. Does that mean it is without air? I did not have to answer a question about whether or not we wanted the air (which we do not) so wondered why the rate changed. And the deposit is $1500! :eek: That's more of a deposit that we have ever had to pay. Is final payment still in the 70 day range?

deck plans

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/riviera/deck-plans/

You can always do a test booking on the O website with air & without air

If you shop around you can find a TA that knows Oceania & how they do things plus throw in perks or some get rebates

The deposit is $750 pp with Oceania unless you book a suite then it is more

All the details & cancellations rates/dates can be found in the back of the brochure or on the website under T & C

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/

some things are different form the main stream lines so read the fine print

The deck plans are on the Oceania website and printed in all of the brochures -just make sure that the brochure is a current one as room categories sometimes change.

Being new to the line, you would probably benefit tremendously from the advice that an Oceania Savvy TA could provide.

Oceania is different than the Mass Market lines in that when there ARE price reductions they are generally only offered to new bookings, so the leverage that a TA can bring to THAT battle is another reason to use an Agent.

Definitely use a TA who does high volume with O, it is different than booking a mass market cruise, especially the air program. An O expert will educate on the pros and cons of using O air verses taking the air credit.

Someone upthread mentioned the Preismans web site which I have read for years. They mostly sailed Celebrity but are now big fans of O. Check it out.

Just finished reading that review and a few others while doing some research. I came upon one review that wasn't favorable and that particular poster cancelled an already booked 2nd Oceania cruise. :(

I do not know how to search for a TA that specializes in Oceania, but did see a special through a big box online TA that are mentioned here on CC. ;) They offer some perks, plus a 5% of trip cost in OBC. The special ends tomorrow. I hesitate to book with them, although, we currently have a cruise booked through them (1st time). I have not been totally pleased with their communication.

I have a whole list of questions that I will get to after dinner. Hopefully, someone will be willing to answer a few. ;) Now I must go cook. :D

There used to be a spot on Oceania website where you could search for a TA in your area but not sure if still there

we are not allowed to discuss specific companies here but you can always ask when on the ship for referrals

Sorry for the delay with my questions. I have been using the time trying to search for the answers to my questions. Found a few, but still have questions.

1. Is there a penalty if we need to cancel before final payment? I realize there could be if we book with a certain TA, but what about booking direct?

2. Speaking of booking direct...has anyone booked with Oceania and asked for the same perks that may be offered through a TA. For instance, the TA that is offering gratuities, Internet and OBC. Could I ask Oceania to match this and keep my booking with them? Would they want to do so to get my business since I would be a first time cruiser with Oceania?

3. On many other cruiselines, a new cruiser to that line "may" receive a free upgrade as a good will offering. Has anyone new to Oceania ever received a free upgrade? We do plan to book the category that we will be happy with - a verandah.

4. Someone mentioned booking a Cat. B3 to have a larger balcony and lounge chairs. I realize that not all B3' have a deeper balcony, but for those that do, are lounge chairs guaranteed? If not, we would prefer the narrowers balcony so that we can rest our feet on the railing. Tomorrow, I may end up posting some stateroom numbers to get the best idea of which stateroom to book.

5. The description for many of the staterooms says that you have your pick of either 2 Twins or a Queen sized bed. On other cruiselines, the beds are either split into Twins, or pushed together to form a King. We do not like Queen sized beds, so are hoping that the beds are the same as on other cruiselines...even if in a Suite. So are they a solid Queen or two twins pushed together?

6. Are there shows nightly, and only after 9:30 as I read on a review?

7. OK, this is a biggie! :D I read a review that said if you were in a standard verandah stateroom or below, you could not order a hot breakfast for room service. :eek: Is this so? DH and I enjoy eating a large breakfast out on our verandah on port days. We enjoy the approach to the islands.

8. Anything special offered when boarding the ship, either for the embarkation or when returning after an excursion? For instance, Celebrity offers sparkling wine or Mimosa's when embarking, plus cool washcloths and drinks after excursions.

What "extra's" is Oceania known for? :)

9. Is self disembarkation (carrying our own luggage off the ship) on Oceania?

10. Can we request a table for 2 in the MDR, as well as when we book specialty restaurants online?

Thank you so much! I will check back tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay with my questions. I have been using the time trying to search for the answers to my questions. Found a few, but still have questions.

1. Is there a penalty if we need to cancel before final payment? I realize there could be if we book with a certain TA, but what about booking direct?

YES about a month before an admin fee will kick in if you cancel

That is why I suggested you read the T & C's

3. On many other cruiselines, a new cruiser to that line "may" receive a free upgrade as a good will offering. Has anyone new to Oceania ever received a free upgrade? We do plan to book the category that we will be happy with - a verandah.

Some may but some will get an offer to upgrade for a fee

4. Someone mentioned booking a Cat. B3 to have a larger balcony and lounge chairs. I realize that not all B3' have a deeper balcony, but for those that do, are lounge chairs guaranteed? If not, we would prefer the narrowers balcony so that we can rest our feet on the railing. Tomorrow, I may end up posting some stateroom numbers to get the best idea of which stateroom to book.

Just ask for the loungers if you get an extended balcony

5. The description for many of the staterooms says that you have your pick of either 2 Twins or a Queen sized bed. On other cruiselines, the beds are either split into Twins, or pushed together to form a King. We do not like Queen sized beds, so are hoping that the beds are the same as on other cruiselines...even if in a Suite. So are they a solid Queen or two twins pushed together?

Two bed pushed together suites I think have king beds

the shows are usually 9:30 or 9:45 sometimes a special show earlier as well

7. OK, this is a biggie! :D I read a review that said if you were in a standard verandah stateroom or below, you could not order a hot breakfast for room service. :eek: Is this so? DH and I enjoy eating a large breakfast out on our verandah on port days. We enjoy the approach to the islands.

Concierge & up you can get a hot breakfast all others just cold items

8. Anything special offered when boarding the ship, either for the embarkation or when returning after an excursion? For instance, Celebrity offers sparkling wine or Mimosa's when embarking, plus cool washcloths and drinks after excursions. NOPE

10. Can we request a table for 2 in the MDR, as well as when we book specialty restaurants online?

YES

enjoy

Once the penalty period kicks in, there is a penalty, regardless.

2. Speaking of booking direct...has anyone booked with Oceania and asked for the same perks that may be offered through a TA. For instance, the TA that is offering gratuities, Internet and OBC. Could I ask Oceania to match this and keep my booking with them? Would they want to do so to get my business since I would be a first time cruiser with Oceania?

That's not going to happen, remember that Oceania is not competing with those Agents, they are in business with them. ;)

Upgrades are very few and far between on Oceania, but you may be contacted for an up-sell which is where you pay for the upgrade.

If the veranda is large enough to support 2 loungechairs (as a limited number of Deck 7 B3 Staterooms are) you won't be denied. Unfortunately, due to fire regulations, they can't leave the extra furniture on the verandas so you'll have to request them of your cabin attendant.

The Bed set up is the same as any other cruise line, except that the mattress and the linens will be the best that you have ever encountered.

The shows are nightly, and generally at 9:30 or 9:45, depending on the length of the performance.

You lost your biggie :( I'm sorry but it's true....no hot room service breakfast below Concierge level.

8. Anything special offered when boarding the ship, either for the embarkation or when returning after an excursion? For instance, Celebrity offers sparkling wine or Mimosa's when embarking, plus cool washcloths and drinks after excursions.

Cool washcloths are staples around the pool and occasionally when returning from an excursion.

Superb food, amazing service, surf and turf at the pool grill, crab to order at the buffet, the list just goes on and on. Be prepared to have your socks blown off!

9. Is self disembarkation (carrying our own luggage off the ship) on Oceania?

If you are asking if self disembarkation is an option, yes it is.

The Grand Dining Room is entirely first come first served, no reservations are permitted, but you may certanly request any sized table that pleases you, "on the night".

Hope that this helped-

Please enjoy your cruise,

S&J

Edited by StanandJim

Hope that this helped-

Please enjoy your cruise,

S&J

Agree for the most part.

O does occasionally run a special for first timers. However, it is in partnership with their preferred partner TAs. After already booking our first O cruise with a preferred partner TA (found via Conde Nast Traveler "best of ...." list), they sent out an e-mail about first timer break of 15% discount. Called the TA who called O and got me the deal (even though we had already made final payment). O does very well by its top producing TAs. To book w/o one is a big mistake.

Just did a B3 extended balcony and loungers were waiting upon our arrival (though we didn't ask for them). Next cruise has many sea days. So we will request ahead.

The food is the best institutional food service I've ever experienced. Most of it is as good as a 2.5 SF Chronicle restaurant review establishment (actually a very very good score in a real food town).

Just finished an O med cruise and have two more in the hopper.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

YES about a month before an admin fee will kick in if you cancel

That is why I suggested you read the T & C's

Sorry! You know, I looked at the link that you posted and didn't see anything on that page. I failed to understand that you were pointing me to look at the headers and go to T&C. :o

Thank you all for the very helpful answers. I have found a TA with good incentives, I think. I will need to call them to confirm what is on their website. Now I have the task of figuring out which stateroom. :rolleyes:

There are currently 24 staterooms showing for a Cat. B3 on my TA's website. I am not going to post them all, but if someone could take a look where you check and tell me which location would be best, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

Also considering a CC...A4 or A3. again, there are multiple staterooms available. Is it worth upgrading around $400pp for this category?