Please show your photos of the Riviera B Verandah stateroom, balcony and bath?

Iamthesea

There are currently 24 staterooms showing for a Cat. B3 on my TA's website. I am not going to post them all, but if someone could take a look where you check and tell me which location would be best, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

Also considering a CC...A4 or A3. again, there are multiple staterooms available. Is it worth upgrading around $400pp for this category?

Do you suffer from the "motion of the ocean"

do you like to feel the ocean

Some like the balconies that are open on 2 sides # 7108, 7111, 7008 & 7009

if you put those numbers in the search you will find some photos

We prefer the aft section 7114 was very stable for us

As to CC cabins it is a personal choice if the extra amenities are worth it to you the cabins are the same size as the B's

Extras are hot breakfast, use of spa deck, bottle of bubbly , book specialties earlier, use of Concierge lounge

maybe more do not recall ...old age ;)

Here is part of the cancellation rule check under Guest Ticket Contract tab for full disclosure https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/ticket-contract/

The following cancellation penalties apply to cruises of 1 to 14 days in length:

120 - 91 days or more prior to departure $250.00 pp Administration Fee +

90 – 76 days prior to departure 25% of Cruise Fare (plus any Optional Facilities and Services Fees incurred)

75 – 61 days prior to departure 50% of Cruise Fare (plus any Optional Facilities and Services Fees incurred)

60 – 31 days prior to departure 75% of Cruise Fare (plus any Optional Facilities and Services Fees incurred)

30 – 0 days prior to departure 100% of Cruise Fare (plus any Optional Facilities and Services Fees incurred)

The following applies to cruises of 15 days in length or more:

180 – 151 days prior to departure $250.00 pp Administration Fee +

150 – 121 days prior to departure 25% of Cruise Fare (plus any Optional Facilities and Services Fees incurred)

120 - 91 days prior to departure 50% of Cruise Fare (plus any Optional Facilities and Services Fees incurred)

90 - 61 days prior to departure 75% of Cruise Fare (plus any Optional Facilities and Services Fees incurred)

60 – 0 days prior to departure 100% of Cruise Fare (plus any Optional Facilities and Services Fees incurred)

For Owner’s, Vista and Oceania Suites the cancellation amounts are as listed above with the exception of cruise less than 15 days the cancellation amount is 10% of the Fare from 91 to 120 days prior to sailing and for cruises 15 days or longer the cancellation amount is 10% of the Fare from 151 to 180 days prior to sailing.

+ The Administration Fee may be converted to a future cruise credit redeemable on bookings made up to 12 months after cancellation and for travel any time

Sorry! You know, I looked at the link that you posted and didn't see anything on that page. I failed to understand that you were pointing me to look at the headers and go to T&C. :o

Thank you all for the very helpful answers. I have found a TA with good incentives, I think. I will need to call them to confirm what is on their website. Now I have the task of figuring out which stateroom. :rolleyes:

There are currently 24 staterooms showing for a Cat. B3 on my TA's website. I am not going to post them all, but if someone could take a look where you check and tell me which location would be best, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

Also considering a CC...A4 or A3. again, there are multiple staterooms available. Is it worth upgrading around $400pp for this category?

Love extended balcony AFT: B3 7111-7108

Sorry! You know, I looked at the link that you posted and didn't see anything on that page. I failed to understand that you were pointing me to look at the headers and go to T&C. :o

Thank you all for the very helpful answers. I have found a TA with good incentives, I think. I will need to call them to confirm what is on their website. Now I have the task of figuring out which stateroom. :rolleyes:

Under most circumstances the answer would be no, but since you mentioned a hot breakfast on your veranda while coming into port is a biggie then you might give it serious consideration. Only you can decide if that is worth $800 to you for your cruise.

The downside is I don't think you'll find a balcony nice and large in the A category like the B3's. Dining might be a little tight on anything else, at least until you get to some PH's and up.

B3 it is, then! :D

We can have a continental breakfast on our balcony on early arrival ports days and go to the dining room on late arriving port days and on sea days. The only real enticement to us to get the CC was the hot breakfast menu and the use of the spa floor. Maybe if prices go down, we can upgrade to a CC or higher. ;) :)

I'll check out the suggested staterooms and see if they are available. We do not have motion problems, but do prefer to be closer to the elevators/stairs. For that reason, the very aft staterooms have never been our favorites on the larger ships because the elevators/stair are so darn far away. Make running back to your stateroom for a few minutes a little more out of the way. :rolleyes:

+ The Administration Fee may be converted to a future cruise credit redeemable on bookings made up to 12 months after cancellation and for travel any time

Thank you for this. I did read the T&C late last night after you pointed it out to me again. I missed that part. Makes me feel much better if we were to cancel.

Edited by Iamthesea

B3 it is, then! :D

We can have a continental breakfast on our balcony on early arrival ports days and go to the dining room on late arriving port days and on sea days. The only real enticement to us to get the CC was the hot breakfast menu and the use of the spa floor. Maybe if prices go down, we can upgrade to a CC or higher. ;) :)

I'll check out the suggested staterooms and see if they are available. We do not have motion problems, but do prefer to be closer to the elevators/stairs. For that reason, the very aft staterooms have never been our favorites on the larger ships because the elevators/stair are so darn far away. Make running back to your stateroom for a few minutes a little more out of the way. :rolleyes:

Keep in mind that if you are used to the S Class Celebrity ships then nothing on the O Class Oceania will seem far away, no matter where your room is. Don't forget these are 1200 passenger ships vs 3000. Also, unlike the Celebrity S Class the Oceania ships have elevators at either end of the ship. It's only 12-14 rooms away from the aft of the ship to the elevator/stair area. Check the deck plans. In the front end there's about 20 rooms between the front most rooms and the elevators.

Just did! :)

Now I have a new concern. :rolleyes: If we choose 7111 or 7108, they look out over the Deck 6 Promenade deck. Is smoking allowed down there? How about noise from the promenade or the dining room that seems to be directly below the staterooms?

Which room would be better for facing the port when docked? This cruise is the Sands and Shores 10 nighter.

I talked to DH after refigured the numbers between the B3 and CC A4. The difference would be $300pp. He said that he didn't care if the balcony was smaller. He liked the idea of a hot breakfast and the spa. He also ask if free drinks are served in the Concierge Lounge? I had read that the lounge is not that great, though. We have enjoyed having a drink in the Diamond Lounges and Suite lounges on RCCL.

Edited by Iamthesea

Now I have a new concern. :rolleyes: If we choose 7111 or 7108, they look out over the Deck 6 Promenade deck. Is smoking allowed down there? How about noise from the promenade or the dining room that seems to be directly below the staterooms?

Which room would be better for facing the port when docked? This cruise is the Sands and Shores 10 nighter.

I talked to DH after refigured the numbers between the B3 and CC A4. The difference would be $300pp. He said that he didn't care if the balcony was smaller. He liked the idea of a hot breakfast and the spa. He also ask if free drinks are served in the Concierge Lounge? I had read that the lounge is not that great, though. We have enjoyed having a drink in the Diamond Lounges and Suite lounges on RCCL.

We were just in 2114 (extended balcony) in July. You're nowhere near smoking (only one enclosed indoor area and one pool area corner have smoking). You'll be under staterooms and above a thin strip of the dining room. Absolutely zero noise experienced.

Thre is no Promenade it is only a small walkway for the lifeboats & there should be NO smoking there

We were in 7114 never heard a peep

It depends ;)

There is coffee tea water sodas & juice in the lounge ..no bar

This is cabin #7111 open on 2 sides, close to stairs, GDR one flight down.

You can buy a day pass for the spa deck, IMO CC not worth the upgrade cost.

084342.jpg

Ok, looks like a Promenade on the deck plans. I wonder if deck hands can sneak a smoke out there, though.:rolleyes:

There is coffee tea water sodas & juice in the lounge

We can get those out of our fridge...FREE. :D

No free bar drinks, no spending $300 pp extra. LOL

It depends

No help there. :D

Ok, looks like a Promenade on the deck plans. I wonder if deck hands can sneak a smoke out there, though.:rolleyes:

They should not be & if you see them report them

No tea or coffee in the fridge plus they have snacks in the lounge :D

but you get a bottle of bubbly

:D

You never know which the ship will dock you have a 50/50 chance of seeing water view or dock view :D

If you're an experienced cruiser, you know which side really hasn't mattered since "steering boards (starboard)" disappeared from ships.

As for deck hands "sneaking a smoke," you must be kidding.

If you're an experienced cruiser, you know which side really hasn't mattered since "steering boards (starboard)" disappeared from ships.

As for deck hands "sneaking a smoke," you must be kidding.

You never know which the ship will dock you have a 50/50 chance of seeing water view or dock view :D

I guess we will go Starboard. I always seem to pick that side first. :rolleyes:

Yes, I was serious about the crew. Why? In our years of cruising, we have seen crew do a number of things in which they probably shouldn't be doing.;) I certainly am not going to tell on them, though.

OK, have a call into the CC TA. The "luxury" team will be calling me back. The deal was extended today until next Friday, so I can relax and do a little more research.