Third person bed on Westerdam balcony

cruisingnana

My first thought was: there are no beds on the balcony! :D

Glad you posted that. Every time I see the subject line, I think, "Who's the poor person who has to sleep outside?" ;)

On the Oosterdam (sister ship), the third bed was a sofa bed - not a pull-out, but one that is turned into a single bed each night. I found it more comfortable than any of the many pull-out sofas I have slept on in the past.

I suspect the overhead is usually reserved for a "fourth", if for no other reason than it would be a pain in the neck / awkward for everyone.

In our balcony cabin on Westerdam, the third person slept in the sofa bed which pulled out and blocked the way to the sliding door leading to the balcony.

My DD 23 at the time, after being out late the night before, she slept in late. The bed pulled out so it was up against the vanity. Each morning I would crawl across the bed to get out to the balcony.

Our sofa bed was tricky to get back together, so after she got up we partially folded it up so we could get to the vanity as we were getting dressed to go to breakfast. Sometimes our room wasn't made up until after lunch.

In our balcony cabin on Westerdam, the third person slept in the sofa bed which pulled out and blocked the way to the sliding door leading to the balcony.

My DD 23 at the time, after being out late the night before, she slept in late. The bed pulled out so it was up against the vanity. Each morning I would crawl across the bed to get out to the balcony.

Our sofa bed was tricky to get back together, so after she got up we partially folded it up so we could get to the vanity as we were getting dressed to go to breakfast. Sometimes our room wasn't made up until after lunch.

We spent 20 days in April on the Westerdam in a balcony on deck 4. The sofa bed pulled out just like you described. It blocked use of the vanity and the balcony. The fridge was also blocked.

Here are some pictures from April on the Westerdam.

We had a quad

Thank you for posting these pictures. I've been searching all over for a picture of that bunk bed in its lowered position. Three of us are sharing a quad room on the Nieuw Amsterdam this November. We have been pondering among ourselves about who will get either the bunk bed or the sofa bed. Your pictures helped us make the decision - its the sofa bed. The bunk bed will stay recessed up in the ceiling.

Rob