Options from port of LA to LAX?

Jay Sam

I am considering the Crown Princess from Vancouver to Los Angeles arriving on 23 Sep. Please let me know of options/prices/time en route to get to LAX for a 1230PM departure. Arrival time at the port shows 700AM. Thanks in advance and happy sailing to all.

I am considering the Crown Princess from Vancouver to Los Angeles arriving on 23 Sep. Please let me know of options/prices/time en route to get to LAX for a 1230PM departure. Arrival time at the port shows 700AM. Thanks in advance and happy sailing to all.

Prime Time Shuttle and Super Shuttle approx $16pp one way-LAX

Taxi approx $60 (up to 4 people)-LAX

There are plenty of both outside the terminal upon arrival.

Agreed. Take a shuttle. You have enough time that you don't have to race to the airport.

As a passenger on that very cruise, I have a follow up to Jay Sam's question: what time should I reserve the Prime Time shuttle? My flight out of LAX is at 1:40pm, and I expect to be able to do the self-help disembarkation (but I don't have to).

As a passenger on that very cruise, I have a follow up to Jay Sam's question: what time should I reserve the Prime Time shuttle? My flight out of LAX is at 1:40pm, and I expect to be able to do the self-help disembarkation (but I don't have to).

Usually there are vans lined up outside the terminal taking anyone, reservation or not. There are shuttle vans who will take a load, drop them at LAX and come back for more.

You can do self-disembarkation but why do it when you have the time to relax, disembark and pick up your luggage at the pier? I'd reserve a shuttle for 9am for a 1:30pm flight. You'll still have hours at the airport to wait for your flight.

Pre-reserving a shuttle time is a good idea since they take those with reservations before people just showing up.

Pre-reserving a shuttle time is a good idea since they take those with reservations before people just showing up.

Thank you for that information Pam. Does the time of my reservation matter exactly? If I had a reservation for a 10am shuttle, but was able to get off the ship in time for a 9am shuttle, does preference go to 9am reservations, then ANY reservations, then no reservations? or do they lump all reservations together when it comes to those who they let on first? Thanks.

I agree. We used Super Shuttle in April. We walked out with our luggage and were on our way to the airport within 15 mins. I would make a reservation with them in advance. Makes it a bit quicker than walk up.

As a matter of curiosity only, why do so many here recommend shuttles when for a few dollars more you can take a town car?:confused:

I don't know the answer to why they recommend them, but I do see how some people would object to even "a few dollars more."

No need to do self-disembarkation if you have a flight noon or later.

My advice if you choose PT is to request that the driver calls to confirm the pickup. I had major troubles with them because the company would just give a generic recorded message that "your driver is on the way." The problem was, the driver was sent to the wrong location on my embarkation day and disembarkation day. At least with On Time, our driver called me directly and I was able to tell him we probably wouldn't be off the ship for a while.

Thank you for that information Pam. Does the time of my reservation matter exactly? If I had a reservation for a 10am shuttle, but was able to get off the ship in time for a 9am shuttle, does preference go to 9am reservations, then ANY reservations, then no reservations? or do they lump all reservations together when it comes to those who they let on first? Thanks.

After making reservations a couple of times with both PT and SS we gave up, when we arrived they never had a record of them.

We just head to the shuttle area and are directed to get on a waiting shuttle. Have never found that there was no room for walk ups. I would think only a small percentage have an actual reservation. I am sure they do a big bulk of their business from walk ups. ;)

After making reservations a couple of times with both PT and SS we gave up, when we arrived they never had a record of them.

We just head to the shuttle area and are directed to get on a waiting shuttle. Have never found that there was no room for walk ups. I would think only a small percentage have an actual reservation. I am sure they do a big bulk of their business from walk ups. ;)

How is the $16pp payment handled for walk-ups? Do they only accept cash, or will the driver swipe credit cards?

How is the $16pp payment handled for walk-ups? Do they only accept cash, or will the driver swipe credit cards?

We use cash. They probably take CC's as well. Have never tried.

The problem when you prepay and arrive and they have no record makes it an issue trying to prove payment even with a printout.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I don't know the answer to why they recommend them, but I do see how some people would object to even "a few dollars more."

Our last trip the shuttle cost for two was $34. The town car option would have been $70. Both would get us to the same place in about the same time. The added convenience isn't worth the extra $36 to me. But I can see how others might choose otherwise.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by SteerageJack

Great information. Thanks so much Keith. Thanks to the others for the information passed along too.

Jeff

FYI....With Supper Shuttle you can find a discount code and use if for your online reservation. Of course make a print out of your reservation. I also make a screenshot of my reservation with my IPhone which is easy to show to someone.

Tom:)

I suggest using Super Shuttle exclusive non-stop van

The cost is $89 for 9 people, however that is too crowded, so I would only have 6 people total. I have always been able to find 2 other couples on the Roll Call that want to share. The cost for 6 is only $30 per couple, but I collect $35 which includes the tip. I let everyone know the tip is included. I give the driver the $15 in cash, but you can also pre-pay the tip when you reserve the van. I like cash since I know the driver gets it.

I reserve the 9 passenger van to assure that we get the large van so we aren't sitting on top of each other. With the 9 passenger van each couple has their own row.

Since I have to pay in advance, I collect from each couple on the first sea day, that way I don't have any "no-shows" and it also gives me time to find another couple if necessary. You can either reserve before you leave home or once you are onboard.

You also get a small AAA discount, which I use as an extra tip.