Didn't pay attention

jeniceglassman

When we board on 8/22 I have 70 days,beloved hubby 66. Do I turn plat next cruise or this one? Purchased FTTF, know he would not get invite, but would pack lighter if I received laundry perk. Assist Please? & Thank You:confused:

You didn't need to purchase FTTF. You are both considered platinum on your next cruise.

I can remember when they changed the game up, I sighed and thought that will never happen! I really appreciate the laundry advice. I'm 5"10 so inseams have to remain a minimum of 32". I will think before I bag! Think the FFTF is worth every penny so we will keep it. Next to do, schedule a cruise so he can catch up.

I don't understand the reasoning behind keeping the FTTF. You already have priority boarding by being Platinum and your husband is in the same room so he has it also. Your rooms will be ready at boarding and your luggage will be delivered early.

As Platinum you have access to the priority line at Guest Services and also priority tendering. Your husband will have the same. No one checks to see whose laundry is in the bag so your husband gets that too. Platinum and Diamond perks are better than FTTF so cancel it and get the money back to spend on something else. There is absolutely no benefit to having FTTF if you are Platinum/Diamond.

yes call and get all 3 linked and yes your boarding pass for the first should be priority with them all linked

You may be correct, but I am doubtful all cruises will be priority as they are separate cruises. I don't think the priority will show up until cruise 3, if it does at all. I know Carnival will have the info if they are linked, but my thought is what if she cancels 1 or 2? and only took cruise 3. She won't be platinum.

OP when you print out your boarding passes will you please let us know if they all or if any say priority with the FTTF logo? Thanks.

I did not realise that plat status would include all that I purchased FTTF for. When I opened with didn't pay attention I was serious. Thanks for giving me the heads up, I will cancel..it will pay for our anniversary dinner in Nick & Nora almost. You guys are the best..Thanks again (23 years so I do pay attention to some things):D

For the person with the 3 cruises b2b2b, I don't believe you'll be platinum until the 3rd cruise. Plus even though you'll reach platinum on the 3rd cruise, I don't believe the documents for the 3rd cruise will reflect priority on your boarding pass. My husband and I did a b2b where he turned platinum on the 2nd leg. He didn't receive a platinum card until several days into the 2nd leg because the cruise history database hadn't updated the days from the 1st leg until a couple of days into the 2nd leg of the cruise. So guest services didn't receive confirmation of his status until after the previous cruise had posted to his history. Hope this makes sense.

For the person with the 3 cruises b2b2b, I don't believe you'll be platinum until the 3rd cruise. Plus even though you'll reach platinum on the 3rd cruise, I don't believe the documents for the 3rd cruise will reflect priority on your boarding pass. My husband and I did a b2b where he turned platinum on the 2nd leg. He didn't receive a platinum card until several days into the 2nd leg because the cruise history database hadn't updated the days from the 1st leg until a couple of days into the 2nd leg of the cruise. So guest services didn't receive confirmation of his status until after the previous cruise had posted to his history. Hope this makes sense.

It does and it's kind of what I expected. A few people did think that they'd grant me the advance on the first cruise, but, of course, no one knows for sure. I plan to take a print out of my VIFP status page that shows my points so I can provide proof if I have to for my 3rd week.

I don't understand why everyone is saying the husband gets to board with her. I've seen this question asked on these boards many times and the answer is always the same - only the person who is platinum or diamond gets priority boarding, not everyone in their party.

I don't understand why everyone is saying the husband gets to board with her. I've seen this question asked on these boards many times and the answer is always the same - only the person who is platinum or diamond gets priority boarding, not everyone in their party.

Anyone who is booked in the same cabin with a Platinum or diamond cruiser gets priority boarding. Other platinum perks are not extended to that passenger such as invitation to plat/diamond party, special ine at GS, gift in cabin, etc. What you are referring to is people want to take people in other cabins they are cruising with and this is not allowed altho there are those who will continue to try!!

Pat

Roommates of Platinum and Diamond members receive priority boarding with the P/D member.

My husband boarded with me before he was Platinum and my mom also got priority boarding with me because she was my roommate. They did not receive any other Platinum perks.

Not entirely correct. IF you are linked for all three sailings, you will be Platinum upon embarkation of the first cruise.

Seems to me that your husband was not linked at Carnival and the cruises were treated as individual bookings.

I know first hand that linked B2Bs get the perks on day 1 for upgrading to the next VIFP tier.

Not entirely correct. IF you are linked for all three sailings, you will be Platinum upon embarkation of the first cruise.

Seems to me that your husband was not linked at Carnival and the cruises were treated as individual bookings.

I know first hand that linked B2Bs get the perks on day 1 for upgrading to the next VIFP tier.

Thanks. I will make sure that all 3 cruises are linked when I make my final payment on # 3. The first 2 were fully paid by my deposit from a cancelled cruise (Breeze repo).

You made my night! We will be turning Platinum at the very end of our spring B2B, and now I can pack a whole lot lighter. :)

I was planning on doing laundry on turn-around day, but now I can let the laundry room do most of it. :D

Wendy

So, to add to this, beat to death topic at this point...

I always leveled up before my husband, and he always got the perks I did (except the gifts, he didn't get those until he turned plat too..)

And as for the laundry...

I don't send anything I A) wouldn't mind never seeing again *I did lose a pair of underwear* and B) would shrink. We've done the behind the fun tour twice... and the washer/dryer combos will cook your clothes. Not a big deal at the beginning of a trip, but by the end I need those inches!!! :0)

Also, we gained someone else's underwear a couple of times, and mine was never returned... Sooo there's that...

That being said, we will use it again... It's nice to have some of the stuff washed... :) And u never know what your mystery item might be!! lol :)