Doesn't Make Sense

Cruzwthme

I have a 7 day cruise booked on Pride for October 18, 2015. I decided I would rather cruise on the Journeys 14 day cruise on Pride on March 13, 2016. I called Carnival and asked if I could cancel October and reserve March, and she informed me that yes, I could do this with a $600 penalty fee. I said never mind I'm NOT willing to lose $600 just like that!

I'm quite disappointed in this "policy" considering I wanted to book a 14 day rather than a 7 day. They would be making money had they allowed me to do this. In addition I'm an avid Carnival cruiser and you would think that would hold some sort of value. It just doesn't seem like the best in customer service to me.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

You can call as many times as you like you will receive the same answer. I never book early saver because of the penalties. i always book past passenger, it may cost me a couple of more bucks but as long as you are before final payment date you cancel with no penalty.Always read the contract so you know what your options are to cancel.

When did I say I was "expecting an exception?"

I'm quite disappointed in this "policy" considering I wanted to book a 14 day rather than a 7 day. They would be making money had they allowed me to do this. In addition I'm an avid Carnival cruiser and you would think that would hold some sort of value. It just doesn't seem like the best in customer service to me.

Sounds like you wanted an exception to me.

You can call as many times as you like you will receive the same answer. I never book early saver because of the penalties. i always book past passenger, it may cost me a couple of more bucks but as long as you are before final payment date you cancel with no penalty.Always read the contract so you know what your options are to cancel.

Not true, we were able to change a cruise after final payment with no penalty. We only changed it to a week later. The first time I called was told no, called back the next day and it was no problem.

Early Saver has nothing to do with OP's booking, it's the fact that it's past final payment.

Not true, we were able to change a cruise after final payment with no penalty. We only changed it to a week later. The first time I called was told no, called back the next day and it was no problem.

Early Saver has nothing to do with OP's booking, it's the fact that it's past final payment.

You switched from one cruise in penalty phase to another cruise in penalty phase.

That's not what the OP is wanting to do. In your switch you didn't have the option to cancel and get a full refund at a later date.

She can keep calling back if she wants.

even if OP booked past guest which we don't know it wouldn't have ant bearing on her situation as she is in the penalty phase.

Bill

All that fussing you did here, then you come back and say this? What did they "take care of"? :rolleyes:

I think she must have wanted to just end the conversation after basically seeing she was rather unreasonable. No details but plenty provided when she was complaining and name calling. Whatever.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

It would make sense to me that Carnival would allow exceptions like this for people wanting to actually upgrade in Carnival's favor. Unfortunately not the case. Glad Carnival took care of you.

It would make sense to me that Carnival would allow exceptions like this for people wanting to actually upgrade in Carnival's favor. Unfortunately not the case. Glad Carnival took care of you.

New loop hole to avoid cancelation penalty.

Need to cancel, in cancelation penalty time, no insurance or reason to cancel not covered, just change to another cruise 6 months down the road, wait a few weeks and cancel. Bingo, full refund, no cancelation penalty.

Oh yeah, gonna remember this.

How did Carnival take care of you?

She's not going to come back on here and tell anyone.... the response that she was- taken- care -of was her snotty way of saying so. She was apparently miffed because she didn't receive the answer that she wanted from fellow CC'ers.

Completely pointless in this situation as OP is past final payment date.