Just off the Majesty

Yes, free internet.... granted i am a newbie cruiser but i really did enjoy my cruise and i am sure i will enjoy my next one... everyone is at a different stage in life.. personally i do not have the time for a longer cruise being that i dont want to cruise with my kids.. for me a 4 or 5 day cruise is perfect and i dont think i need to be overwhelmed by a huge ship on a short cruise.. so i am thankful that she is staying with rci and i look forward to more opportunities to cruise on her..

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Unittech and kelly04, I will be on the August 24 sailing with you. One week from today, I will flying out of RDU!!

Davelliot- I am starting to get very excited! We fly out of Dulles, VA. We were very lucky to get on this cruise- when we finally decided to book last minute everything except for junior suites was sold out. Just had to keep looking every day and finally a cheap interior was available. We even contemplated going on the NCL Sky but decided against it. Husband is not a fan of Majesty and did not like hearing about the bathrooms though. Hope it is fixed before our cruise!

davelliott and kelly04. Glad to hear someone else will be enjoying her Majesty with us. We will be driving into Miami as we live about 2 1/2 hours up the coast. Do you have any idea when you will be arriving and boarding the ship? We plan to leave home around 9 am which should get us to Miami around 11:30. Giving us time to get lost , get to terminal and inside we hope to be on board sometime after noon. If you would like maybe we could all meet somewhere and have our own meet and mingle.

Looking forward to next week.

Hi wannalottadough,

Thanks for the review. Will soon be sailing on MJ with my kids, nephews and nice for the first time. Wondering how they group the kids on the adventure ocean? We have kids from 3 to 8 years old in our party. Will they be together at the AO?

Hope the plumbing situation is fixed by them.

Thanks in advance.

SO glad this is the masterpiece flagship RC decided to honor Port Canaveral with after Enchantment leaves next year... This old thing needs to go to Pullman or somewhere else -- what a step backwards this is...

Old Sovereign class ship being brought BACK to PC .. and to think so many people on here look down at Carnival

If given the choice between the Majesty, a Freedom class ship, an Oasis class ship, or a Quantum class ship, I'd take the Majesty in a New York minute.

I sailed on the Freedom last year, and it's simply too big, with an overwhelming number of choices for activities.

We were on the Brilliance, and the at-sea days were just as hectic as the days in port with excursions, between classes, trivia, and shows. I read more of my Agatha Christie novel on the flight from Heathrow to O'Hare than I did on the ship, and that was a 12-night cruise.

Yes, the Majesty no longer makes sense for a 12-night cruise in Europe or a 7-night cruise of the Caribbean, Alaska, or Canada and New England. It's fine for 3-night cruise to Coco Cay and Nassau.

Yes, free internet.... granted i am a newbie cruiser but i really did enjoy my cruise and i am sure i will enjoy my next one... everyone is at a different stage in life.. personally i do not have the time for a longer cruise being that i dont want to cruise with my kids.. for me a 4 or 5 day cruise is perfect and i dont think i need to be overwhelmed by a huge ship on a short cruise.. so i am thankful that she is staying with rci and i look forward to more opportunities to cruise on her..

This is exactly why we took the cruise in the first place, sometimes you don't want the flow riders and the mall inside the ship. I've done them before and i am in fact going on Adventure again in Nov. but for my grandson and a short cruise that would put me at diamond status for my Nov. cruise, it's exactly what I wanted (minus the plumbing problems)

I sure didn't want to discourage people or have them think it's not a seaworthy ship, far from that in fact. The ship is what it is for it's age, go on it expecting it not to be brand new with all the bells and whistles and you wont be disappointed. It would have been perfect if not for the plumbing problems (although I don't think it's something that happens every cruise) The price was good and the crew was as another posted, very good. I only wish those in adventure ocean would have stepped up a little.

By the way we found the deck to be very slippery and very hot. The fact that you have to wear sandals to walk over to the pool is what adds to the slippery deck. I hope they do something about that when it goes into dry dock for an update.

Hi wannalottadough,

Thanks for the review. Will soon be sailing on MJ with my kids, nephews and nice for the first time. Wondering how they group the kids on the adventure ocean? We have kids from 3 to 8 years old in our party. Will they be together at the AO?

Hope the plumbing situation is fixed by them.

Thanks in advance.

the 3-6 year olds stay together on one side and the other side is 6-8 here is a link to the info on their website: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=family_kids&pagenameMain=main_family&discriminators=2

I'm not sure if they will do this but when we were on a disney cruise many years ago they let my 5 year old stay in the same group as my 6 year old. This crew didn't seem as accommodating. It was very convenient for us to leave him there for dinner every night so we could eat in peace. He loved going there so that really helped. Good luck and enjoy!

SO glad this is the masterpiece flagship RC decided to honor Port Canaveral with after Enchantment leaves next year... This old thing needs to go to Pullman or somewhere else -- what a step backwards this is...

Old Sovereign class ship being brought BACK to PC .. and to think so many people on here look down at Carnival <SMH>

You are certainty entitled to your opinion. However if you don't like her don't sail an her. I think she is a wonderful ship. Edited by FLACRUISER99

Yes, I agree with posters that like the Majesty for the laid back atmosphere... The reason why I like cruising is because when I am at a resort I am constantly feeling the guilt of not playing tourist, or playing tourist and not sleeping on a beach... A cruise, for me, offers the perfect balance. I don't need to look at a list of what seems like 100 activities and stress over missing something... Although coming back to her after a larger ship, I am going to miss the Solarium.... Other than that, she has everything I need.. Provided the issue is fixed, of course...

the 3-6 year olds stay together on one side and the other side is 6-8 here is a link to the info on their website: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=family_kids&pagenameMain=main_family&discriminators=2

I'm not sure if they will do this but when we were on a disney cruise many years ago they let my 5 year old stay in the same group as my 6 year old. This crew didn't seem as accommodating. It was very convenient for us to leave him there for dinner every night so we could eat in peace. He loved going there so that really helped. Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks!!! this is how it was on the Oasis, I thought that since Majesty is smaller it would be different. They loved it at Oasis.

Unittech, we fly into fort Lauderdale just before 11:00 am and I have arranged for transportation to pick us up at the airport to take us to the port of Miami. Based on internet search, I am expecting about 45 minutes travel time. Depending on how long it takes to get luggage, we might arrive at the port around 12:15 to 12:30.

I've been on Majesty 12 times and I wish Enchantment were staying where it is and we could have Majesty in Miami for years to come. She has a super crew and offers something other ships in the fleet don't anymore - something more intimate and laid back. Shes's not for everyone, but if you don't like her, you don't have to sail her.

Yes, I agree with posters that like the Majesty for the laid back atmosphere... The reason why I like cruising is because when I am at a resort I am constantly feeling the guilt of not playing tourist, or playing tourist and not sleeping on a beach... A cruise, for me, offers the perfect balance. I don't need to look at a list of what seems like 100 activities and stress over missing something... Although coming back to her after a larger ship, I am going to miss the Solarium.... Other than that, she has everything I need.. Provided the issue is fixed, of course...

No one should feel stress at looking over the Cruise Compass and seeing lots of activities and worrying if they missed something on any vacation. I am one of those cruisers (and there are many) that have totally enjoyed cruising on Her Majesty. But I would not want to be on her for a 7 day or longer cruise....there just is not enough activities that I WANT to do, like flowrider and eventually the waterslides, and I enjoy the larger ship layout that her bigger sisters have. A Royal Promenade to enjoy walking through is nice -- I am not a shopper, so the shops offer almost no interest to me and don't pull money out of my wallet but it is a nice atmosphere that a Centrum just can't duplicate.

I do however wonder if Her Majesty might return to Miami when RCI is able to add Cuban ports as ports of call. Time will tell. For now, we will enjoy our upcoming cruise in February 2016, as our final cruise on her, unless she perhaps returns to Miami.

Like maintaining a home, as it gets older a ship needs more TLC, and Royal needs to focus on that to keep plumbing issues to a minimum -- of course cruisers need to help as well, by NOT inappropriately putting things into the system to cause problems.

Yes i agree with you. A 7 days cruise would likely need more *stuff*. I dont enjoy water activities, other than staring at it, so for me it would be the solarium and maybe more shows..

I live in nyc and i drive down to Florida to cruise so for me it wouldn't matter where is Florida she will be. I want to take a cruise on her after she is updated...

Yes i agree with you. A 7 days cruise would likely need more *stuff*. I dont enjoy water activities, other than staring at it, so for me it would be the solarium and maybe more shows..

I live in nyc and i drive down to Florida to cruise so for me it wouldn't matter where is Florida she will be. I want to take a cruise on her after she is updated...

We live in S. Florida, but I am not driving 3 hours to take a 3 or 4 day cruise, when I have lots of other options available. I know you will say, 'it's only 3 hours' and that is true -- just so you know, when we relocated to S. Florida we made the drive from NJ.

I understand.. i dont have the options that are available to Floridians...and i am ok with the drive ... i love road trips almost as much as i love cruising. Esp the kind of roads you guys have down there! !! . i drive to Florida... twice a year or more since my Mom is there. A few weeks ago my best friend and i went out to the movies and ended up at a drive in 3.5 hours away... to me the drive is not a huge deal.

Her new port will be almost the same distance from my mom as her current one is... so lucky for me it truly wont make a difference. However it does look like prices will be higher. That is a factor for me at this stage in life... planning a move down south in the next few years and need to be saving....

Hi Karen, I wouldn't worry too much about the plumbing problems. We've had sporadic issues - but Majesty is not known to have big problems. Enchantment is, however.

They like to tell you it's because someone "put something in there that isn't supposed to be there" however, more often than not, it's because of piping issues. A good friend (staff member) explained to us that the pipes in the older ships are way too small and subsequently, they run into issues.

Any issues we 've had in the stateroom have been fixed very quickly and never caused a big issue. Last cruise on her, I did notice a very strong sewage smell on Deck 10 that was not there previously (in the suite area), but other than that things were fine as far as I could tell. You should be just fine.