Celebrity Web Site - "JR" Strikes Again

Jim_Iain

I am a 'II' ( second ) same as others, many calls, program code problem between the reservation area and the CC area. At least they add cruise point credit by the CC #.

Last couple of years I just ignore it and have had no issues doing our final doc's.

Strange, but don't have the issue with the RCCL/Crown n Anchor side when we sail with them.

EW

• 2 weeks later...

Husband has been made III rather than normal Sr by X. Today for the 4 time in 3 weeks Capt Club removed III. When she had me log back in his name was correct so I did Online checkin Immediately and printed Xpress Pass. We will see how it looks in a couple days when I am ready to finalize excursions and other reservations or if I have to call again and have III deleted again.

Hopefully this change after final payment will now "stick" and the IT problem will be in the past!

Good luck to the rest of you.

I'm having the same problem. I now have JR after my name only profile. I'm a female. My problem is I want to enter my new cruise reservation made through our travel agent. I have the reservation no. And a confirmation email from Celebrity. When I try to connect the reservation to my Captains Club account, I get the dreaded message that the names don't match. How does Celebrity think on line check in is going to happen?

I'm having the same problem. I now have JR after my name only profile. I'm a female. My problem is I want to enter my new cruise reservation made through our travel agent. I have the reservation no. And a confirmation email from Celebrity. When I try to connect the reservation to my Captains Club account, I get the dreaded message that the names don't match. How does Celebrity think on line check in is going to happen?
Since you are in the USA, I would suggest calling the toll free number

1-800-722-5941

Then press 3 for general website assistance.

They are well aware of this problem.

Whoever answers the phone there should be able to take JR off for you immediately.

I have called to have mine fixed twice. Both times it reverted back to the JR and an old contact phone number the next day. Currently I can acces my next cruise reservation even with the JR, but I cant access next years cruise. CRAZY

I have called to have mine fixed twice. Both times it reverted back to the JR and an old contact phone number the next day. Currently I can acces my next cruise reservation even with the JR, but I cant access next years cruise. CRAZY
Reading this prompted me to check my account again.

Fortunately, JR has not reappeared (at least not yet).

Keeping my fingers crossed.

But it is reassuring to know that if it does, I can just call the same number as before and have them take it right off again.

It would be helpful to have a sticky here for reporting Celebrity website problems where they could all be listed together in one place.

I,too, had the JR problem. I was able to enter my reservations but could go no further e.g. manage reservations etc. Last week I contacted Captain's Club and told the rep that I kept getting the message that my personal information was incorrect; plus the fact that the only thing I could see was JR after my name. She confirmed that the JR was the problem, managed to take it off and I could access the rest of the account. As of a few minutes ago, nothing had changed; "JR" is still off my name and the account works.

I never was too upset since within a day of confirmed booking, I checked in online and printed my Express Pass.

Also, we are booked on a back to back, and I am unable to register for either of the Celebrity "connections" gatherings. How can such a company have such a screwed up website! It's beyond me.

• 3 weeks later...

And the "saga" continues! Just checked my profile, and guess what? I am a "Jr" again! When I change it for the upteenth time - in addition to phone calls and emails - I get this message:

The Captain's Club number does not match the name and date of birth in our records. Please try again.

I have totally given up on Celebrity ever getting this corrected. It is beyond idiocy. :eek:

When it asks the sex and various forms I always cross out the M and F and write in Yes! And I had issue with my name as I do not have a first name only an initial. Celebrity kept making my middle name my first name. Now I simply run the two together without a space.

There is only I solution and my brother found it. Do ont use JR. Instead use II for second. That one does not seem to get as messed up.

Edited by az_tchr

And the "saga" continues! Just checked my profile, and guess what? I am a "Jr" again! When I change it for the upteenth time - in addition to phone calls and emails - I get this message:

The Captain's Club number does not match the name and date of birth in our records. Please try again.

I have totally given up on Celebrity ever getting this corrected. It is beyond idiocy. :eek:

Same problem here, too. Have 2 bookings this year. I can see one, but not the other because of Jr. Called X 3 times, tried to change it online 7 times, and finally gave up. Why can't X resolve this minor problem?

When it asks the sex and various forms I always cross out the M and F and write in Yes! And I had issue with my name as I do not have a first name only an initial. Celebrity kept making my middle name my first name. Now I simply run the two together without a space.

There is only I solution and my brother found it. Do ont use JR. Instead use II for second. That one does not seem to get as messed up.

Well, this may work for the male of the species, but why would a female choose either JR or II??????????????

This was happening to me as well. I tried fixing it online multiple times and it always reverted back. I then called and it was supposed to be fixed but again reverted back. I called again about a month ago and I got one guy on the phipone who knew about it and said the fix is a two step manual process. He fixed the first one the way the other agent had fixed it then he said he had to go I. Manually to the system to override it and that worked. Unfortunatelyni don't know the gentleman's name but it was resolved. Not sure of the specific details that he performed but he seemed to know what to do.

This was happening to me as well. I tried fixing it online multiple times and it always reverted back. I then called and it was supposed to be fixed but again reverted back. I called again about a month ago and I got one guy on the phipone who knew about it and said the fix is a two step manual process. He fixed the first one the way the other agent had fixed it then he said he had to go I. Manually to the system to override it and that worked. Unfortunatelyni don't know the gentleman's name but it was resolved. Not sure of the specific details that he performed but he seemed to know what to do.

Mine reverted back even after the magic 2 step process. I'm leaving it alone for now since I can access my next reservation and book dining etc. I will try to fix JR again after that so I can hopefully get into my other bookings!

I too have issues with Jr appearing on both my profile &. Captains club. Have called celebrity on numerous occasions experienced long holds also, been told it's been fixed however get on then and then next time it has reverted back, really disappointed and frustrated by this.

• 1 year later...
This issue is still

Not fixed, I am actually thinking of canceling my 10 night on the equinox

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I suggested on the other thread, just log in using the other passenger's log in. It should not be a problem unless you are cruising solo.

It also might work to just remove the Jr. From you reservation.

I have never had any other issue accept for the on line account.