What sort of discount has Qsine been offering on Summit cruises the first night?

MisterBill99

I know this answer to this is not going to be exact and varies by availability on each cruise, but I'll ask it anyway. I'm planning to book dinner for a bunch of us at Qsine the first night of the cruise, and was going to do so after I board (which will be by noon). One couple is in a suite and may be Elite+ (but might just be Elite) so I believe they may be entitled to 50% off the first night. I'm just Elite and not in a suite so I am not "entitled" to anything and I don't think the others in my group are. If I walk into the restaurant when I board and ask for a discount for the first night, am I likely to be offered 50% off? If not, will I be able to get the maitre'd to give us all 50% off if one cabin in my party is eligible for it? Specifically, has anyone tried this on Summit this summer and succeeded?

On my Silhouette cruise in 2011 I remember walking into Qsine after we boarded and being offered 50% off by the maitre'd. This was after I tried to get 50% off at Murano (based on stories posted here from others who had gotten that the first night) and being told no by the maitre'd there.

Edited by MisterBill99

We are on the August 30th sailing, which will be our fourth cruise on the Summit in the last three years.

MisterBill, the discounts we were able to obtain on the Silhouette were similar to yours and far deeper than those were have been able to obtain on the Summit. Our experience on the Summit has been with discounts in the range of 20%, although certain classes of frequent quests may have access to deeper discounts.

D and K

Edited by mr_bad_example

You certainly can offer 50% off and if you have a larger group, that might get you a positive answer. Typical is 20% off and 50% off for aqua guests (to reduce the peak load in blu). Not sure how they handle suite guests...and of course there is little consistency, so you may find no discounts or who knows what being offered on your cruise.

On a six or seven-night cruise, those in a suite are entitled to one complimentary dinner.

We were just on the Summit, and those not in a suite got 20 percent off Qsine the first night. We went back on the last night and got it for $30 per person.

I know this answer to this is not going to be exact and varies by availability on each cruise, but I'll ask it anyway. I'm planning to book dinner for a bunch of us at Qsine the first night of the cruise, and was going to do so after I board (which will be by noon). One couple is in a suite and may be Elite+ (but might just be Elite) so I believe they may be entitled to 50% off the first night. I'm just Elite and not in a suite so I am not "entitled" to anything and I don't think the others in my group are. If I walk into the restaurant when I board and ask for a discount for the first night, am I likely to be offered 50% off? If not, will I be able to get the maitre'd to give us all 50% off if one cabin in my party is eligible for it? Specifically, has anyone tried this on Summit this summer and succeeded?

On my Silhouette cruise in 2011 I remember walking into Qsine after we boarded and being offered 50% off by the maitre'd. This was after I tried to get 50% off at Murano (based on stories posted here from others who had gotten that the first night) and being told no by the maitre'd there.

On a six or seven-night cruise, those in a suite are entitled to one complimentary dinner.

We were just on the Summit, and those not in a suite got 20 percent off Qsine the first night. We went back on the last night and got it for $30 per person.

Those in upper suites are offered complimentary dinner any or all nights.

Above a Celebrity Suite (we were in one). Royal and Penthouse Suites get the unlimited. Of course they all get to eat in Luminae.

Those in upper suites are offered complimentary dinner any or all nights.

Thanks for the info, although strangely it conflicts with what Btank said for the same cruise -- maybe it depends on the time of day that you go ask?

It turns out there will only be 4 of us so I'm not going to have the large party I had hoped to negotiate for. They're still (with 6 days to go) waiting for their guarantee assignment, so who knows how much free dining they are entitled to. I supposedly have a free specialty dining from Celebrity (my TA supposedly got her district manager to add it) but i don't know if it will be in the form of OBC or an actual dining credit. So all my worrying about what discount I can get may be for naught (unless I want to go to The Normandie as well, which I'm not sure I do).

Edited by MisterBill99

• 3 weeks later...

So, I am back from my cruise and wanted to report on the results. We ate at Qsine the first night and were able to get 50% off. The story is that a fellow CC member (who we had made plans to dine with) beat me onto the ship and went to the specialty dining station to make a reservation for 6 of us. 4 of the 6 were in Aqua and eligible for the 50% off, but she convinced the employee to give it to all of us. In our roll-call thread, someone else posted that they had managed to get 50% off by asking (and having 6 people), after initially only being offered a $32 price.

So it definitely seems to be worth a try bargaining with them, especially if you have a large group. The restaurant was not very busy when we were there, especially before 8.