Guest onboard after boarding in Barcelona?

evitacruiser

We will be sailing on the Epic from Barcelona as an extended family. My eldest son's best friend lives In Barcelona, would he be allowed onboard the ship for a drink with us before sailaway?

If not, are there any bars in the port complex that we could meet up at after we have checked in? We would need one pretty close to the ship so that we can board, have lunch then disembark and meet up with him for an hour or so.

I don't expect they will allow him to board but last time we sailed Celebrity they announced "all those not sailing please leave the ship now" That surprised me, so I thought I would ask if NCL have a similar policy.

We will be sailing on the Epic from Barcelona as an extended family. My eldest son's best friend lives In Barcelona, would he be allowed onboard the ship for a drink with us before sailaway?

If not, are there any bars in the port complex that we could meet up at after we have checked in? We would need one pretty close to the ship so that we can board, have lunch then disembark and meet up with him for an hour or so.

I don't expect they will allow him to board but last time we sailed Celebrity they announced "all those not sailing please leave the ship now" That surprised me, so I thought I would ask if NCL have a similar policy.

I have heard that announcement too. Once there was a wedding before sailaway and some folks attended but did not cruise. Geraldo was one if those. Haha. Also, might pertain to vendors unliading supplies.

I have heard that announcement too. Once there was a wedding before sailaway and some folks attended but did not cruise. Geraldo was one if those. Haha. Also, might pertain to vendors unliading supplies.

Occasionally the ships will also host visits from travel agents before sailing.

Nothing at the port. Have your going away party in the city, then check in a little later and miss waiting in lines at the port.

We are only flying in that day and have transfers from the airport included in our package with NCL.

I suppose we could board then head back into the city for an hour or so.

Occasionally the ships will also host visits from travel agents before sailing.

Sometimes crewmembers are allowed to have their family on board, if the ship docks where their family lives. If you stay on board ship that day, it's a lot of fun to see crew members you know with their family.

Yes, it was just a thought but I think we will arrive at the port around 12 so we will have ample time after checking in to head into town before sailaway.

It could be a hassle trying to get off the ship after you check in, and not worth the effort. Consider meeting at the airport and taking a later transfer. There are a few places in the terminal, outside of security.

That announcement isn't about passenger guests, it is about officials, think customs, service people, maybe TAs have a familiarization tour.

It could be a hassle trying to get off the ship after you check in, and not worth the effort. Consider meeting at the airport and taking a later transfer. There are a few places in the terminal, outside of security.

We have done it in Venice on Celebrity and there wasn't a problem, but we will have to work out the logistics.