Carnival Legend

petshaz

are thinking of doing a South Pacific cruise in October on the Carnival Legend, would love to hear from anyone who has done this cruise on the Legend. what did they think of the ship and how rough was the days at sea.....am prone to sea sickness! thanks

Edited by petshaz

I was on the Legend 6 months ago and it was a great cruise, the ships decor is not to every ones taste but I didn't mind it, food, entertainment, staff etc was great.

The state of the sea will be anyone's guess but I have done a south pacific cruise in 2013, 2014 & 2015 all with average seas, not calm but not that rough either. The last one was when Cyclone Pam was around and the Captain did a great job of keeping the ship out of the worst of it.

I would suggest take some sea sickness medication with you (just in case you may need it) and have a great cruise.

Sailed her twice..

Shes a great ship with a good passenger/space ration and a wonderful adult's only pool at the back with comfy loungers.

Not done that route but went from the Bridge of Americas (Panama Canal) in the Pacific right up to LA tailing a few hurricanes and although visually the sea was rougher and you felt a little more motion no-one got sea sick and enjoyed a slightly rougher sea.

Sailed Legend once in the Caribbean. Love this ship. Very nice layout and just the right size for me.

The ship was not as stable as most others I have been on. We had 8 foot swells one evening and there was a bit of rocking.

So take the sea sick preventatives just to make sure.

Edited by Jay Sam
correction

I sailed the Spirit over to Australia in 2012 and the Legend over last year. I don't get seasick, so my idea of rough seas may be different to those that get seasick. I don't remember any extremely rough days, but there might have been a couple that weren't exactly calm.

The South Pacific is the most beautiful place I have ever been, and the people are the nicest, most welcoming.

If you are prone to sea sickness, prepare yourself ahead of time, and don't wait until you actually get seasick. If you have the opportunity to do this cruise, don't pass it up.

I get car sick, so I know that I would get sick on a cruise, but found the best solution, I wear the patch, you change it every 3 days, work wonders. Have taken 10 cruises and haven't got sick yet. The patch is subscribed by your doctor, it is called Transderm patch. We are taking the 10 cruise to Hawaii from Vancouver, sailing the Pacific for 6 days, I am a bit nervous about it, but I do like cruising. We are taking the cruise September 15th.

We were on her in Alaska early this summer. The Legend is a fantastic ship, and the crew was the best we've had on 5 cruises.

I can't speak to the rocking because we were only on the ocean two out of 8 days, so the majority of the time was in calm protected waters.

I get car sick, so I know that I would get sick on a cruise, but found the best solution, I wear the patch, you change it every 3 days, work wonders. Have taken 10 cruises and haven't got sick yet. The patch is subscribed by your doctor, it is called Transderm patch. We are taking the 10 cruise to Hawaii from Vancouver, sailing the Pacific for 6 days, I am a bit nervous about it, but I do like cruising. We are taking the cruise September 15th.

Joann, we did the Hawaii to Vancouver cruise in 2011, I started feeling sick first day at sea after cruising the islands. I went to the Spa and had accupuncture treatment......worked a treat. wasn't cheap but after a few hours I was okay. didn't feel ill for the remainder of the cruise. so I guess I have answered my own question....I will have accupuncture again!:p

I can't help with questions on the ship as I am not sailing until April16. For the seasickness, the transderm patches aren't available in Australia that I am aware of. My friends suffers from seasickness badly and she takes avomine for it and it generally does the trick. Her first cruise she didn't take it and ended up in the medical centre and the injections helped.

We did a BTB on the Legend in May from Hawaii to Alaska so we had 5 days at sea until we reached Vancover to start the Alaska leg of our journey. We were on the ship a total of 19 days. The ship is smaller than we have been on but was wonderful as was the crew . You will love cruising on this ship and they will treat you right. We didn't want to leave . Have fun.