Sun aft Suite 9076! help! To South America

milolii

Aloha Donna or others who have sailed in this Suite around South America

I booked this suite after reading your reviews/comments. I understand my experience may be different than yours.

I am part of the 2016-2017 changes and as such, I think We will most likely be cruising from Santiago to Buenos Aires instead of Buenos Aires to Santiago.

In you expert opinion should we now switch to the opposite suite on deck 9 :the port side (sailing south)?

Thanks everyone!

OK - location first - 9076 PORT SIDE AFT - 9276 STARBOARD SIDE AFT

Sailing westbound Buenos Aires to Santiago choose 9276 Starboard

to be closest to land viewing (not by much).

Sailing eastbound Santiago to Buenos Aires choose 9076 Port

to be closest to land viewing again you will be several miles out to sea;

really no difference.

Going thru the Straits of Magellan - land viewing will be on both sides -

no appreciable difference here either.

If I were traveling from Santiago to Buenos Aires I would have a slight preference for a cabin on the port side of the ship. For the part of the itinerary between Puerto Montt and Puerto Chacabuco, you will be traveling Chile's Inside Passage. The scenery will be especially beautiful off the port side of the ship because you will see mountains and volcanos. Off the starboard side will be a steady succession of islands. They are beautiful too -- but they don't have the added "oomph" of a snow-capped volcano or mountain peak. Traveling eastbound in the Beagle Channel between Punta Arenas and Ushuaia, the glaciers will be off the port side of the ship. On my cruise we were able to completely circumnavigate Cape Horn, but there are so many variables (wind, waves, etc) that being able to do this on your itinerary would be impossible to predict.

The rest of the time, you will probably be too far out to sea to see land.

Edited by polySeraph

Regarding the choice of going from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires, vs. the other way. Check the time schedule for when you arrive in Ushuaia. If you start from Valpo you will likely arrive about lunch time instead of early morning. This can affect your daylight time there.

Mahalo. I saw that information before. Maybe it was from you. Papa, It is so awesome to get the perspective Of those of you who did this cruise before. In fact your reviews/comments convinced us to take the leap and go for it! Again thank you all,

It appears that the number of cruises from Santiago to BA or the reverse decrease in the 2016-2017 season. Brazil seems to be 'sandwich" in between the cruises.

I still think January 21 is my best option. Thoughts?