Theatro Colón tour

ptrpanpens

Here is a link to the current schedule. There are two tours per day in English and it is best to purchase on line in advance. It's Argentina. Things change often, so the schedule today may not be in place when you visit Argentina. I'd suggest you check the web site closer to your trip.

Teatro Colon is beautiful, particularly since the restoration was completed for its 100th anniversary. Acoustics are amazing. If you get a chance to take in a performance, go for it. Even the "cheap seats" are great.

Prices are shown in Argentina pesos. Current conversion rate for the dollar can be found at http://www.ambito.com

https://www.tuentrada.com/COLON/Online/seatSelect.asp

Edited by dr__dawggy

Here is a link to the current schedule. There are two tours per day in English and it is best to purchase on line in advance. It's Argentina. Things change often, so the schedule today may not be in place when you visit Argentina. I'd suggest you check the web site closer to your trip.

Teatro Colon is beautiful, particularly since the restoration was completed for its 100th anniversary. Acoustics are amazing. If you get a chance to take in a performance, go for it. Even the "cheap seats" are great.

Prices are shown in Argentina pesos. Current conversion rate for the dollar can be found at http://www.ambito.com

https://www.tuentrada.com/COLON/Online/seatSelect.asp

Thanks for this information. Is the theatro anything like the Palau de la Musica in Barcelona? I was blown away in that place!

We toured the Teatro Colon last February. We did't book in advance, but had checked their website so knew the times of the tours in English. We arrived approximately twenty minutes early and just purchased the tickets then.

While we have spent several days in Barcelona post cruise (and will be there again in October for several days pre-cruise) we haven't visited the Palau de la Musica. But we have visited the Sydney Opera House, and much preferred the Theatro Colon.

I just wrote them a few days ago asking about English tour details. Here's what they replied:

clear.gifclear.gifclear.gifclear.gif

Visitas Guiadas (visitasguiadas@teatrocolon.org.ar)

We don't take any reservations. Tickets can be bought at the Theatre’s ticket office. There are guided tours in Spanish every 15 minutes, from 9 am to 5 pm, every day of the week, including weekends and holidays. Each tour is around 50 minutes long.

Tours in English: every hour on the hour from 10 am to 4 pm.

Tours in Portuguese: variable timetable.

During school year, visits from 9 to 9.30 am, 11.15 to 11.30 am, and 3.15 to 3.30 pm are reserved for educational institutions (except on weekends).

Our summer timetable is from 9 am to 7 pm (from January the 2nd to February the 17th). Tours in Spanish: every 15 minutes. Tours in English: every hour on the hour from 10 am to 6 pm.

Each tour takes a maximum of 34 people.

Prices: 60 ARS for Argentinian residents and 180 ARS for foreigners. Children under 7 years old go in for free but must hold a ticket. Argentinian retired people, pensioners and university students have a 50% discount on Mondays.

Tour: Foyer, Gallery of Busts, Golden Hall, Great Hall and boxes. This can vary during specific events, shows, rehearsals, maintenance or other activities which are part of the Colon Theatre's schedule. This doesn't imply any kind of refund or return.

Tickets can be bought at the ticket box of the Colón Theatre (Tucumán 1171). We take debit card, credit card or cash.

Tours will be cancelled between 10 am and 1 pm on Sundays. Days in which evening shows take place, the last tour is at 3 pm.

I just wrote them a few days ago asking about English tour details. Here's what they replied:

clear.gifclear.gifclear.gifclear.gif

Visitas Guiadas (visitasguiadas@teatrocolon.org.ar)

We don't take any reservations. Tickets can be bought at the Theatre’s ticket office. There are guided tours in Spanish every 15 minutes, from 9 am to 5 pm, every day of the week, including weekends and holidays. Each tour is around 50 minutes long.

Tours in English: every hour on the hour from 10 am to 4 pm.

Tours in Portuguese: variable timetable.

During school year, visits from 9 to 9.30 am, 11.15 to 11.30 am, and 3.15 to 3.30 pm are reserved for educational institutions (except on weekends).

Our summer timetable is from 9 am to 7 pm (from January the 2nd to February the 17th). Tours in Spanish: every 15 minutes. Tours in English: every hour on the hour from 10 am to 6 pm.

Each tour takes a maximum of 34 people.

Prices: 60 ARS for Argentinian residents and 180 ARS for foreigners. Children under 7 years old go in for free but must hold a ticket. Argentinian retired people, pensioners and university students have a 50% discount on Mondays.

Tour: Foyer, Gallery of Busts, Golden Hall, Great Hall and boxes. This can vary during specific events, shows, rehearsals, maintenance or other activities which are part of the Colon Theatre's schedule. This doesn't imply any kind of refund or return.

Tickets can be bought at the ticket box of the Colón Theatre (Tucumán 1171). We take debit card, credit card or cash.

Tours will be cancelled between 10 am and 1 pm on Sundays. Days in which evening shows take place, the last tour is at 3 pm.

In my earlier post I commented, "Things change often, so the schedule today may not be in place when you visit Argentina." Apparently things change fast enough that the schedule on the web site is out of date. It shows 2 English tours per day...whereas the email you received mentions hourly tours and no online tickets/reservations.

Again, check back just before you leave on your cruise for the latest information on prices and schedule.

I am not staying too far away and just plan to walk over there the day I arrive and see what the situation is. I have learned that playing it by ear sometimes works better in some cities and BA seems like it may be one of those places. I have some flexibility there so that I should have several options to visit it.

It would be nice if it were open on New Years Day but I doubt that will happen.:cool: