What is it about River Cruising that you love so much?

Lois R

Have yet to do a European River but to me it's sort of a no think holiday. In Africa on house boat there were 8 and it was cruisey - go with the flow. We had 11 in Borneo (no longer offered - and not that many people have done this)(a few more restrictions) but very easy going. China, there were 6 caucasians and we were introduced to the Captain "as our very special guests".

You have a choice - join in with the activities/walks or chill or go your own way when docked. Fairly sure we had a staff member follow discretely when we would wander off on our own.

Have yet to do a European River but to me it's sort of a no think holiday. In Africa on house boat there were 8 and it was cruisey - go with the flow. We had 11 in Borneo (no longer offered - and not that many people have done this)(a few more restrictions) but very easy going. China, there were 6 caucasians and we were introduced to the Captain "as our very special guests".

You have a choice - join in with the activities/walks or chill or go your own way when docked. Fairly sure we had a staff member follow discretely when we would wander off on our own.

Good morning:).....now that sounds a bit creepy (in my opinion).....

You had someone following you? Why didn't they just come up to you

and chat a bit and let you know they were part of the staff?

That is quite bizarre IMO. We often DIY and have never had that experience.

Good morning Kim.....hope you received my email:D

And I think it is a bit bizzare too:eek:

China, there were 6 caucasians and we were introduced to the Captain "as our very special guests".

That is quite bizarre IMO. We often DIY and have never had that experience.

That is more than bizarre and not to sound like a conspiracy theorist :eek: but after having American and British friends in the Soviet Union back in the 70s and 80s where they were routinely followed, I wouldn't totally rule out that the follower was tasked to do so by the government. Maybe not for nefarious reasons - it could just be for your own protection - but who knows?

Edited by capriccio

Actually, I think it was in Borneo, some areas were rather tribal and this was a new venture, it was just to make sure you didn't get lost or get into trouble. IMO, I beleive that was why cruise no longer offered - too many tribal restrictions and hey they were head hunters not that long ago.

We are leaving tomorrow for Prague for our AmaWaterways Danube cruise. I will be curious to see who on that trip has heard of CC. I am amazed at the number on my recent ocean cruises who don't know about it!

Allyson

We will be doing the same cruise next September on AMA. Can't wait to hear your thoughts/comments.