Baseball Games

emily rose

I was wondering if baseball play off games will be shown on getaway in october

It's hard to predict... Can't possibly give a guess as in 28 cruises I've only seen the Superbowl as a guaranteed event... Other sports events are much less predictable.

You might get lucky if there are no soccer, rugby or Australian rules football at the same time.

I was on Dawn last October. Maybe one game made it.

I was on RCI several years ago and stopped by the TV station and pleaded for Va Tech / Miami game. It made it.

Edited by Va. Plumber

I am a huge sports fan I love march madness hockey playoffs baseball and most important pro and college football. Every cruise I went on dropped the ball on this. They have satellite and should get all the games like direct tv. So they are either being cheap or lazy on this. I have seen a few big games like final 4 or thanksgiving games and Superbowl everything else under this is a crap shoot it is all soccer and rugby on European ESPN stations

I am a huge sports fan I love march madness hockey playoffs baseball and most important pro and college football. Every cruise I went on dropped the ball on this. They have satellite and should get all the games like direct tv. So they are either being cheap or lazy on this. I have seen a few big games like final 4 or thanksgiving games and Superbowl everything else under this is a crap shoot it is all soccer and rugby on European ESPN stations

I have had good luck. When my niece's husband was an Oriole I was in Aruba and walking past a hotel it was on tv in the bar. I watched some and then walked back to the ship. I did a double take and it was on tv on the ship too. That was cool seeing him in dugout but it was not his spot in the rotation... Darn.

I have seen the Oscars, March Madness and other prof sports games on the ship. I was on in April and they showed NCAA games on in O'Sheehans on the big screen. It was very exciting.

With the MLB playoffs there are less games than regular season... so that bodes well for seeing those games.

I live in Dallas (go Rangers) but (now) root for the Cubs too!!! Both are in the hunt for a Wildcard.

Was on Breakaway a few weeks ago and the only game was soccer. FWIW I think that they should at least have a baseball game on in O'Sheehan's.

Overall TV programming on NCL is horrible and I know that has been by design. Hoping that will change with the new CEO.

If the game is on ESPN you'll see it. Otherwise it's a crap shoot.

We've been on a bunch of cruises on NCL and the sports have been hit-and-miss. If you like soccer and Australian rules football you'll love the coverage...lol. The Super Bowl is shown as is March Madness. I've never been on during the Stanley Cup playoffs or NBA playoffs so I cannot speak to that; I have watched regular season games from both leagues however. We watched the NY Giants play the NY Jets in a late season NFL game in December on the Gem so depending on your team you'll see regular season NFL games. The Monday Night and Thursday Night and Sunday Night NFL games are always on. NFL playoff games are also on. College will depend on your particular team and the conference it plays in. Baseball regular season games will depend on your team but they do show the Game of the Week. I seem to remember watching the World series and the playoffs a number of years ago.

As I stated to start it's really hit-and-miss so if you're looking to watch a particular game you may be outta luck.

Have a great cruise!

Tom